1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Practice (it works)

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by bigblondeafro87, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Hey I just made a discovery in the last couple weeks: Take the commitment to spend as much free time as is possible playing the bass and you will get much better very fast.

This is not a test, why are you sitting in your seat now? If you love playing music, then go play music! Why spend hours skimming through the forums (I do it to) when you could be doing what you love? Are we that dependent on technology?

Good luck and enjoy your new talent!

2. Yes... it's good sometimes to state the obvious.. this would be one of those times. True dat staying on the internet and TalkBass are certainly no substitutes for actual practice time. . . This is however an excellant 'clearinghouse' of helpful, and many times MONEY SAVING gems of information from hundreds of seasoned players here.

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I'm sorry, I'll go practice now.

4. I'm not discrediting TB, this place has ridiculous amounts of information on pretty much anything bass. I've used it to help me make decisions on amps, basses, strings, etc. I just think that while some time spent on here can be very beneficial, too much time spent on the forums can detract from your time playin bass.

5. You don't need practice if you have a P bass. :D

Good thread, I agree 100%.

(I don't have a P bass, that's why I practice).

6. I agree, and I might actually go practice right now!

good idea btw

7. Well my bass is on my lap right now, and when stuff is loading i play a little!
    it works!

8. +1 dude, multi-task is the way of th 21st century! I practice/noodle around while surfing the net, reading TB, and working on 3D graphics. :bassist:

9. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    I use talkbass to distract me from practicing for a bit while i take breaks...otherwise i'd go non-stop for hours on end until i lose feeling in my legs. good practice is addicting!

10. Ain't it the truth?

It is a good idea to get up, stretch, and walk around for some fresh air every hour or so to refresh your head though.

11. +1 ...My bass is in my lap right now...as I have work that needs done on the pc...I skim here while doing that..and If I have a free moment...I play bass...getting out and playing with real people however, is the real way to learn...Best advice ever!