Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Presto strings ???

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Dr Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
  2. ctxbass

ctxbass Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Central Texas
    I think that's where Eurosonics come from.

3. 16fuss

16fuss

Apr 25, 2005
    this is a pizz-string only,as far as i know.check out geba-online for more about this.

4. JAS

JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    California
    These are the same strings as the Eurosonics. I believe Presto is the name they go under in Europe. I used the Eurosonic Ultra Lights for about a year and I liked them. The G string is really fun to play on. The problem that I had with these were they were hard to get a good amplified sound with, they were very low in tension and had a terrible bowed sound. It is possible to bow these, it just is not ideal at all.
    The E string is very thick too, and has kind of a crappy tone.

I ended up going back to Spirocore Weichs on both my basses and I am very happy with those.

5. Jas, have you tried either the medium, or light gauges ? The ultras were designed more for our rockabilly playing brothers & sisters.
    Eurosonics are now available for arco playing. They are are a decent bowing string, a little better then Helicores IMHO, and the pizz is almost as good as the rregular Eurosonics. They don't have the clear coating like regular Eurosonics either.

Dennis

6. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    And where are they available, please?

TIA!
    François