1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    You might have seen this on the news.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/09/watch-range-rover-runs-over-bikers-video/

I watched the whole thing and I don't know what the biker was thinking trying to brake check the Range Rover. I completely understand why the driver and family in the Range Rover would be scared with 50 + bikers surrounding him. After the initial incident, if I was the driver of the car, I would have swerved back and forth like a Zamboni to keep them away from me.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The range rover didn't run over anyone. The driver did. It has always made me wonder why a Toyota Prius never runs over anyone in the news but an SUV does.

The driver did it. The SUV didn't want to but the driver made it.

ONYX likes this.
  3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    OK Mr Literal.

I adjusted my post for you.

4. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Those bikers (at least one of them) were looking for trouble and they found it. They started it and the driver finished it. Bad news all the way around.

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The bikers thought they finished it by beating the driver really bad. Then Johnny Law finished it more by arresting the bikers doing the beating.

6. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    ...and so on. The whole incident is sheer dumbassery.

7. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    The guy in the Range Rover simply made a mistake. He didn't get all of them.

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I didn't make sense until I saw a post where this group likes to slow down and block traffic to clear the lanes ahead for guys who want to do stunts, and that kinda looks like what was happening. If true that is one hell of a collection of jerks. Don't have the right to shut down streets downtown? Do it anyways? Want to close off a portion of the highway on the way in for fun? Screw the other commuters, might makes right! I hope whoever is actually responsible is made to pay.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    It sucks for the biker who got run over but..... play stupid games win stupid prizes....
    I had heard that the police had received 200 calls on this group that day BEFORE this incident... if true,wow

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Bikers sometimes forget that cars are MUCH bigger than they are. I don't know what started it, but it all went bad.

If the bikers are blocking traffic, the cops need to get a task force out there and run their butts ALL into the clink.

11. As a sport bike rider I find this all very embarrassing. Thanks to jerks like this we can expect more motorcycle unfriendly laws and general contempt and disrespect from the general non-motorcycle public. I do find it amusing that some boneheads fell a need to video everything they do and post it on youtube, including incriminating evidence.

12. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    No winners in this one. SUV driver beat up. Bike rider in coma. Another bike rider in jail. SUV driver's family traumatized. Black eye for riders everywhere.

If this had happened in, say, Montana, the rider who used his helmet to break the window of the SUV would have been eating lead within seconds.

sparkyfender2 likes this.
  13. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Wow. Can't really feel sorry for anyone here except the little girl.

14. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Bingo. Everybody else? Dumb.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Exuse me. If the driver had run over the biker, I'm sure the biker's injuries would have been much less severe. No sir, it was the Range Rover.

16. KwinS

KwinS Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Ban bikes and range rovers. Done.

:)

17. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    A Range Rover BY ITSELF COULD NOT have RUN OVER ANYTHING. It is an inanimate object. Until a driver makes it go, it is a humongous paperweight.

18. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    An overpriced yuppie paperweight.

19. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Sooooooooooo now it's not only the Range Rover, but a ONE PERCENTER IN IT??????? :eek:

By the way, they drive really nice. They handle like a dream. Totally the driver's fault.

20. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Neither could a human without (insert vehicle) ;)

...and the cycle goes on