1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz

No no no..A range rover is just a pile of dog poo. And it's over priced. :p They break down constantly.

2. Hi.

That too, but to bad there's not much left to donate after a 250km/h+ crash.

An army friend of mine told me a story about the time he was a hospital janitor in Stockholm back in the late 80's, and a smart bloke who had raced, fallen and slid on the asphalt "a bit" was brought in.
    The nurses were wondering why the blood soaked sheet that covered the body was completely flat.
    One of them raised the sheet even though se was told not to, only to discover that about 5cm (2" for the imperial world ;)) was ground off from his head chest and legs.

Nothing to donate to anyone there.

Good thing he had only a T-shirt, shorts and pair of tennis shoes on.
    He hadn't hit anything, so if he would've had leathers on, only severe burns would have been the result.

Regards
    Sam

3. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Rover driver allowed himself to be forced off of the highway into a situation where he would have to stop his car. He should have continued on the highway regardless if there was a biker in his way. Stay moving until the police catch up to you.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I rented one recently on a trip. I can't speak to reliability, but for an SUV, it drives like a dream. (I don't remember which model I had.)

5. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    Being from NY I am hearing a lot about this crap on the news everyday. The guy that got run over Edwin “Jay” Mieses Jr is be portrayed by his family as a good guy and an innocent bystander.
    Here is a little blurb from The Boston Globe (he lives in MA)
    Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/10/01/lawrence-man-seriously-injured-nyc-incident-involving-suv-and-motorcyclists/jHju3V1xAOsdF6Q2vT8BaL/story.html

6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    How do you get "ticketed" SIXTEEN TIMES with NO LICENSE and NOT get thrown in JAIL?

7. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY

Yeah we have no helmet law in my state and I see these guys all the time; No helmet, shorts, t-shirt and sometimes sandals, not even shoes. It's not just the sport bikers either, I see harley guys with the same attire. I used to ride with no helmet when I was young and stupid. Now I wear fullface helmet, jeans and long denim shirt in summer and leathers in winter and always good boots. And I don't know even how to do any "stuntz". :D

8. yeah, innocent, that's why he was involved in surrounding the range rover after it had pulled over.. doesn't pass the sniff test.

did you even watch the video? biker break checks suv driver, suv driver pulls over after incident, bikers surround him and begin assaulting his vehicle, slashing his tires, and attempting to gain entry to the vehicle. driver of vehicle flees from the assault. it was not a hit and run.

9. I think anyone in the RR driver's position would've been scared also, and probably scared enough to do the same thing that guy did. He is not at fault in any way other than being a human with emotions.

I think clusters of motorcycles that large should be required to have a parade permit. If riden in groups that large but never clustered together in a metro area like that. it's annoying and inconsiderate, let alone dangerous. It's too bad anyone got hurt, but if you act like a jackass (like the guys on Jackass) you're gonna get hurt.

10. I remember when helmet laws were enacted in the state I used to live in back in the '80s. We all strapped helmets to our legs or hanging on our arm. The powers that be recinded the law for a year and re-wrote it to include that the helmet had to be on your head. :D

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    So this morning on the news they interviewed some bikers including one with a military style helmet with a spike mohawk talking about how out of control the SUV driver was and that they were just trying to control him. Bad choice for a spokesman, he didn't speak well (he said the SUV "didn't slow down an ounce"), and was saying they were trying to control them as if it was their right and duty to handle unsafe drivers. I feel less sympathy for the bikers now than I did yesterday, and there wasn't much yesterday.

12. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Wow. Scary video. I feel bad for the RR driver and his poor family. I've got two young kids and picture myself in that situation. Guys was just trying to protect his family and had every right to do so.

Too bad he got off the highway. As was mentioned above, he should have kept on the highway until police could intercept. But I'm sure he was in a panic with his wife and kid terrified.

Just tragic. I really hope that those thugs get locked up and the RR driver recovers.

13. I'll certainly concede that point.

14. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    In a Cleveland, Ohio suburb a 60 year old in a pickup attacked a 56 year old on a motorcycle with a hammer. This happened a couple days ago in a very nice suburb in the afternoon. The man with the hammer was treated at a local hospital for a shoulder injury. :rolleyes:

15. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Hindsight! When you have an accident and are a responsible person your first impulse is likely to make sure everyone is okay. Besides, who knows how the bikers would have reacted if he'd just driven off, it's not like he could outrun them. I can't say I'd have done anything different; the bikers who checked him was likely at fault, and the ones that attacked his vehicle when he pulled over were definitely at fault. Everything else he did in his own and his family's defense. They oughta be the Hollywood Ku___ cuz that's what I think of them, and I bet I'm not alone.

r3sUzQ2.

16. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    The system is too busy letting rapists/molesters go and jailing pot smokers.

17. Stoners do tend to be easier to catch, better profit margin.

18. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Sometimes this place is funny, but that is sad but true.

19. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ah. The whole "if they would just leave me alone and let me smoke pot the whole legal system in this country would sort itself out and all would be peaceful and under budget and we would have plenty of money to pay for everyone's college and babies would all be healthy and the rest of the world would quit laughing at us and every single problem we have would be solved so I'll throw it into EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION because the war on drugs ruined our way of life as we know it" thing again. Glad you took the time to bring that up. It is totally relevant to what we're talking about. Good call.

(All sarcasm in case you missed it.)

20. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    The video included in the OP didn't make any of that obvious to me, other than that the motorcyclist had questionable reason to brake in front of the Range Rover driver.