1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY

Years ago i had an old man whack me his cane as I was riding slowly through a neighborhood. I have no idea why. I think he was deranged. It was a 25 mile speed limit and I was going even slower than that because i was trying to find a friends house i hadn't been to before. Dude steps out in the street and and swings his cane at me so feebly it was laughable. I barely felt it glance off my shoulder and I just kept going. Some guys just hate bikes I guess.

2. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

The same would have happened in West Virginia. Warranted use of deadly force.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    With my kids in the car, it would have happened in NC too. Without the kids I would have had to know if I could go toe to toe with the guy. A much more rewarding/less deadly experience for sure.

4. Delete - I see someone beat me to it!

5. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    ha ha ! Awesome! These jackasses give guys that own bikes and respect traffic and laws an bad name. They got what was coming, an extra helping of Bumper!

6. The biker is eyeing up the Rover as he comes up beside it. He goes infront of it and looks over his shoulder to the right, at the Rover, then looks over his shoulder to the left and applies the break. The questionable reason is that he is trying to stop the Rover. The Rover driver has also been swarmed by this guy's biker buddies on all sides.

It looks fairly clear cut that they were aiming to stop the Rover, they also had the guy surrounded. I don't see how anyone can see that as anything other than intimidation.What parent isn't going to have the protective instincts kick in and get the hell out of there when he had his wife and young child there.

Edit - Also, while not seen in the video, reports are saying that the bikers got off their bikes and approached the Rover after the initial bump/before the Rover drives off. Going by how they were reacting every other time the Rover stopped, I'm not surprised he fled.

7. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    I had a dog chase me, a poodle....it was if front of me coming at me at 1 o'clock....so the rule is slow down until your just about on the dog, then gun it to pass. He lunged and bit the front tire and bounced off the side fairing (Honda RC51 sport bike) I circled back to see him lying in the street. As I approached, he got up and shook it off. I'm glad I didn't kill him but a part of me wanted to go back and see if he learned from his schoolin'.

8. absolutely nothing else the driver of the Range Rover could have done. I saw some interview with a biker saying the driver should have stopped and swapped insurance with the guy he ran over, and all this. With 50 guys outside attacking your car. Seriously. Their lawyer is saying that "the video doesn't show everything" but it's hard to imagine a scenario where 50 guys are surrounding and attacking one guy in a car, the guy drives off in a panic and accidentally runs one of them over and the guy in the car is in the wrong.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    What I had heard was that initially the driver DID pull over as he was supposed to do, but then the group swarmed the car and were harassing and intimidating him.
    No matter how I slice this, I still can't come up with any legitimate sounding scenario where the bikers were in the right.
    None.

10. Especially when the video shows the biker intentionally stopping and aiming for the Rover to hit him.

11. If you google and have a look at the other antics they have pulled (or that they claimed was them). Certainly seems like a bunch of a-holes.

12. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    When I was 21 years old I owned a big block Chevelle. Got pulled over about a quarter mile from my house. The officer wanted to write me for a stop sign I ran at 2:00AM. I got my attitude on with the officer and the next thing I knew we had a hook and three additional police. They wrote me for the stop sign, DUI, exhibition of speed, and finally resisting arrest. That's 14 points in one stop. My friends brother (a sargent) saw me in the cell the next morning and said. If you would have shut your mouth and stayed in your car, you would be in your own bed. And with only a ticket for a stop sign. :help:

I lived just a few houses away from the mayor and he dropped all the charges and fined me $50 for full time and attention, 0 points:cool:.

I did a repeat performance six weeks later in the same city. The mayor did me another favor. Don't forget, this was late sixties early seventies. He did tell me that if I got another ticket in town in the next year, I was going to the workhouse for 30 days.:bawl::bawl::oops::scowl:

Me being the brainiack I was, I got a new car and bike and never got pulled over again.:rolleyes:

I have since learned to respect the law and not drive drunk.
    It just took me a few times too learn.:)

13. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Wow.. You got all that from 3 words in my post? What master of reading comprehension you must be.

If you tried any harder I would have thought I actually said all of that.

It was more of an "example" to illustrate the fact that the justice system has different priorities.. I do not even smoke the stuff.

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    He brake-checked him to get him to stop. I'm not sure if he was going for an intentional hit but it wouldn't surprise me.

Another thing I had heard (and this may be total BS, I dont know yet) was that this whole thing started when one of the bikers brake-checked the SUV a few moments earlier to clear the lane ahead to the group could do stunts etc etc. The SUV clipped him or cut him off or something of the sort and that's when they started harassing him. It was the second brake-check when they tried to stop him cold and the rider was hit that is shown on the video.

I could be wrong though

15. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    This sickens me, absolutely no excuse for Johnny Law letting you off. What backwoods county in the south was this? I'm not going where they let drunk drivers off if they're good neighbors.
    Even if you just"needed to learn your lesson, "you need to keep your mouth shut. There was a time when folks had a code, and didn't blab when favors were done for them. Consider yourself ignored.

16. this part is shown in the full video, but not the edited for the news video. it's even more damning for the motorcycle "gang"

17. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Well there you have it... Had he been a law abiding citizen he wouldn't have been there in the first place. It's amazing to me that you can register a vehicle without a valid license? And that you can get a license with out being a legal US citizen.

18. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    I'm just amazed the idiot with the camera didn't delete the video once his crew started committing felonies, that is the most ignorant part. A stunt on a public road is one thing,but busting windows you have to assume someone is getting jailtime. Especially if the dude gets hospitalized. Stupid punks.

19. This is the first I've heard of anything that could've sparked the incident. Still puts the bike crew in the wrong

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Lighten up there sugar boobies. There was a time when as long as you weren't killing anyone you got away with some stuff. It still goes on to this day in some places.

Sure, drunk driving is stupid and it has killed people. But for some kid to get slapped with jail time and a record for the rest of his life for one stupid mistake serves no purpose either. If nobody got hurt scare the crap out of the kid,and if some strings get pulled to get him off the hook for the rest I'm OK with that. I'm sure that view isn't popular, but that never stopped me before.