1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Right now, I think that there's probably no one as pissed off at these guys than responsible bikers.
    They'll have to suffer the collateral from this I'm sure.

2. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Yeah, but I somehow doubt they would have acted so "tough" with a semi. Who knows though, maybe they are that stupid.

3. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I don't know how many times I've been coming home from late gigs (going north on US 75 out of downtown Dallas) and had a group of crotch rocket idiots just come flying by me doing at least 100mph...weaving in and out of traffic and chasing each other. They come up on you so fast that if you are changing lanes you have no time to react...Not sure but it might be the same crew of morons...but they always seem to be out there between 1am and 3am...

4. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    Simple man , if a Prius ran over the guy he would have just dusted himself off and walked away :D

5. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I see that all the time. If they don't hit me it's not my problem

6. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've seen nothing to suggest that he wasn't a competent driver and decent human being.

7. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    +1. A person that reacts to protect their family from an immediate violent attack isn't bad has done no wrong

8. Indeed. That is why he didn't just go ahed and push the break-checker out of the way in the first place. The stunters were able to make a victim out of this guy BECAUSE he was a decent person.

They were counting on him trying not to collide with them.

9. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    If it had been an M1 Abrams, then it would be a different conversation.

If it had been the President's limousine, then it would be a different conversation.

If it had been a Geo Metro, then it would be a different conversation.

If, if, if...

10. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    hah hah ahah.,

11. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    It's just too bad the guy didn't have the bumper I had on my Xterra

[​IMG]

12. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Those "cow catchers" should be banned. They bolt to the frame and don't allow the crumple zones of the car to work the way they should in a collision. They are no different than a battering ram and dangerous.

13. That was how it went down in our news report.

14. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    You really shouldn't blame a region. I was raised in the South and lived in WA while in the Navy and it's just as rural, if not more so, in WA outside of Seattle as anywhere in the South. His story is very common for anywhere in the US before 1990 I would imagine.

15. 75 or I30 between Dallas and Fort Worth - pick your poison.

There was an incident pretty recently in Dallas where a whole gang (and I think news reports said they were an actual organization "gang") of those guys managed to block all the traffic on 75 coming out of downtown Dallas for a few minutes in the middle of the day while they videotaped themselves doing stunts on the freeway and glaring at all the stopped cars behind them. As far as I know, maybe one guy got arrested after all that.

Can't say I blame the guy in the SUV. If I was to find myself surrounded by a group of riders (especially if it was obvious they were 1-percenters) I'd want to get out of there ASAP too.

16. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    That is the idea. They were originally built to take a large animal down and under the vehicle at 60 mph. They are actually getting banned in a lot of places, especially urban Australia where they are very popular for taking out Kangaroos.

17. And errant Honda Civics.

18. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas

I have to take 35E from 183 to downtown about 12:30AM several times a year. Never fails that cars and crotch rockets are blowing by me at over 100 MPH every couple of minutes. I have to ask why the DPD never patrols that area of the highway on a saturday night? Do they just not care?

19. Probably busy dealing with crashes and other Saturday night mayhem.