1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Yeep! In 34 years of motorcycle riding I have had a number of occurrences of decent law abiding (but perhaps distracted) automobile drivers try to kill me by ACCIDENT. I cannot imagine the level of stupidity required to do that " brake check " and improve the likelyhood of a collision. Bikers die everyday due to common cager incompetence, I cannot imagine TRUSTING one to have the skills to not drive over me if I "brake check".

If I was evil enough to brake check someone, I would do it in nothing smaller than a dump truck full of gravel.

It is sad the one guy got hurt. But as a previous post wrote, stupid games - stupid prizes.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Brake checking a SUV on motorcycle = poking a big bear with a short stick.

3. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    As much as I'm flattered you like the taste of my mammaries, you seem very near sighted. I believe that sort of good-old-boy mentality causes nearly as many problems as it "solves." When taking away the penalty for something some people will feel they got a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity while others just feel untouchable.
    You seem to have overlooked the fact homie got TWO get-out-of-jail-free cards. Maybe the first was a stupid mistake but el numero dos?

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Hmm.... I do recall cops letting me off after putting the fear of god in me when I was a young 'un here in New Jersey after doing something stupid.
    It's not something strictly "backwoods county in the South", that's kind of "stereo-typy" don't you think?

one thing that I didn't get from surgay's post, is whether he was actually drunk or if the cop was threatening to charge him with that because he was mouthing off. That's happened to me too - "if you don't shut up right now young man, you'll be amazed at the things we can charge you with" - NJ State Police circa 1984 :)

5. tkozal

tkozal Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    As a NYC resident. I have had numerous encounters with groups of aggressive motorcycle riders. The day of this there were riders without helmets doing stunts on Broadway in the 70's.

Several years ago I was on the bear mountain parkway when a group of over 30 went by at I guess over 100 mph. They then blockaded the intersection with hwy 35.

Stop and frisk may stop here when DiBlasio gets elected, but there will be stop and check for any motorcyclist in NYC

6. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    It was about 15 miles west of Seattle Wa. Why do you ask?

7. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Did you miss this part?
    My point had more to do with surgay not bragging about his scofflaw experiences and getting off.
    I grew up in a backwoods southern county where this is rampant. Always pisses me off. As much as I love some stuff about the south, that is all too common there.

8. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Yep. I'm amazed by this.

I once had a guy on a sport bike just a couple of inches within my back bumper on the highway. If I had so much as tapped my brakes, he would have been dead.

I've had several such experiences with bikers. Tailgating a big vehicle on a small motorcycle? Really?

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yeah I wouldn't call it uncommon here either but it sounds like it may be out of hand there based on how you're presenting it.
    It's situational for me... on one hand I think that if a kid is taught a valuable lesson without his/her life being destroyed, it's cool. On the other hand, a habitual offender ought to be profoundly biotch-slapped into reality.

10. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    Exactly how do you mean this. I'm trying to figure out if your into me or want to cause me harm????????????????:confused: :bag:

11. surgay

surgay Banned

Sep 27, 2013
    Who will have the responsibility for the biotch-slapping?:hyper:

12. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Truth be told I left there nearly 10 years ago over some good old boy crap at work. Moved elsewhere in the south found allot of the same. Finally left the south for good, here in the Pacific northwest I'm sure I'll find the same thing. I should probably stop blaming the region though.

13. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Saw this a few days ago. Personally, I'm siding with the guy in the RR. When it's one man and his family vs a hundred dudes who you have no clue how they'd react I'd do the same thing - not because I'm some bad*** but because I'd be fearing for my life and the lives of my family.

14. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Nailed it!

15. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    If that Rover was instead a Peterbuilt, a Kenworth, or a twin stack Mack....we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    :eyebrow:

16. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Of course not, the bikers would have never messed with him in the first place. I don't see what point you're trying to make.

17. From the other videos of their "group rides" it really looks like they are enjoying the lawless mob phenomena. Knowing that no one dares stand up to a huge gang of lunatics driving on the sidewalk, weaving in and out of cars, and boldly blasting down the wrong side of the road. It is like a scene from The Warriors or some goofy bad-future movie from the '70s. If they have been doing this for a while it is surprising that some Bernard Goetz hasn't showed up yet.

Kinda missing the old days... All street punks had were sneakers (not bikes), the scary guys were on Harley's (not dentists and lawyers), and you met the nicest people on a Honda.

18. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I caught the video. They were looking for trouble.

I also understand they aren't normal "bikers". Many of the bikes were stolen and they were there to start trouble not just drink beer and ride.

19. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    It looks like he pretty much has now. Hopefully it will serve as a message to other riders who think being on a bike gives them a license to be a menace.

20. It would still happen. People are amazingly stupid around trucks. Few people actually comprehend mass, speed, and stopping distance. The stunters were entirely trusting that the SUV driver was a decent human being and a competent driver, probably thought of him as a "sheep".

If I were to have my spine sheared, I don't think I would care if it was a driver in a Peterbuilt or a Mazda. To a stunter in T -shirt, jeans, and sneakers, BOTH weapons are capable. Heck, I wouldn't brake-check another bike.