1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Oct 3, 2013.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Oy. I don't have the energy tonight. I can't believe I am having to EXPLAIN that an SUV DID NOT RUN OVER ANYONE. The DRIVER did. Had the drive not gotten into the car, it would still be sitting in his DRIVEWAY right now.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    That's not just a collection of jerks. Stunt riding on public roads is prohibited, for good reason.

3. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    They should lock every one of those bozo's up and confiscate their bikes. Sell them all at auction and use the proceeds to go towards their buddies medical expenses.

4. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    How can a drive get into a car?

5. Even after this conversation has taken a hard left, I'm gonna speak up as a motorcycle rider:

Those motorcyclists deserved it. Boxing the SUV in, brake-checking it, then stopping and surrounding it?? I'd run them over if I was in a Prius! and if I was in that group (which I doubt will ever happen, since I don't do group rides) I would ride away. You can't stop a mob by yourself, but you can be not a part of the madness. Some might say they would stop it, but facing a mob by yourself...that takes a lot of courage and nobody knows until that moment.

I hope those riders get charged, and have to pay medical expenses for the driver and passengers, and I hope the Land Rover operator gets off. Guys like this give motorcycle riders a bad name.

Peace,
    Greg

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Well I was going to use a different term for them but would rather not incur the wrath of the mods

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    What if the SUV was related to Christine or those trucks from Maximum Overdrive?

:p

8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    It's called a freakin' metonymy, get over it already.

9. A "Range Rover" can barley rove it's way through a McDonald's parking lot without breaking down. The driver is lucky the POS didn't shear-off an axle running over just one dirtbag.

Everyone needs to focus on better manners and sturdier equipment. Then stuff like this would never start or at least end better.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm sure the biker thought, "It sure seems like a Range Rover is running over me, but I know it's just a driver."

11. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Ha ha I love it.
    Semantics folks. Shame he didn't get more bikers.

12. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    On the contrary the driver woul have been eating lead.

13. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    +1. What the Range Rover driver did wasn't right, but I can completely understand that he could have been intimidated by those bikers to the point of irrationality. Especially with his family in the car.

14. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I don't know all the details but if I saw one of my friends get hit by a vehicle that then attempted to flee the scene I might be inclined to seek justice as well. Not saying there's not blame to go around everywhere, but I can certainly see the side of the bikers who chased the driver down.

15. Little Asian driver would need some big running boots on to do the same damages his Rangee did while being driven over those dickheads.

Now that is settled, what the????

Renegade bikers, foolish Rangee driver fails to keep out of their way, bikers turn nasty, Rangee driver gets scared, tough tit for nasty bikers, seems to be the police take on it the way it was reported here.

16. Hi.

For a while You got me worried OP.

Being a biker myself, I always cringe when I see a mention of a car vs. bike colliding.
    I'm half deaf thanks to one U-turning cager...

What a relief it was to see it wasn't about bikers at all.

Those crotch rocket morons are called BOMBERS over here.
    No-one call them bikers.
    They do harass especially chopper riders as well as cars.

About a dozen or so do the right thing every year and wrap themselves around a lamp-post, bridge foot, guard rail or become a hood ornament to a semi.
    Good riddance.
    The fatalities to innocent are very minimal, usually their airhead girl-/boyfriends.
    Good riddance as well.

Those bombers are usually young, single and very stupid, so Darvinism at its best.

Regards
    Sam

17. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I take this back. It's hard to tell from the video, but other sources say the bikers dented the SUV and slashed it's tires before the bikers were ran down. The driver of the SUV was obviously in fear for his life. He did the right thing IMO.

18. Would that be the same if you see one of your friends threaten a family and then get taken out by a father protecting his family?

It's a shame he didn't get more of the scumbags.

They were violating traffic laws.

They were clearly (and evidently correctly) seen as a threat to the guy's family.

In my book, the Rover driver did nothing wrong here, other than missing some of them.

19. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    We call 'em organ donors.

20. Temporary Kiwis.