Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rape at my school

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gilbert46, Apr 28, 2005.

1. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    So a young women was raped at my suburban college campus on monday... 2 people raper her at gunpoint while 2 people stood watch in the parkinglot. This was mid day in Sacramento CA. I cant even compredend this event. This was 2 miles from my beautiful quiet home at the quaint campus I go to :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    This is another one of those get out the guns deals! I have no sympathy for the predator class, and I think castration is the only appropriate solution. The ones who watched, should be shot then castrated, the ones who did it should be castrated then shot. And the sad thing is, every young women on that campus is going to be less trusting, and far more parinoid. I'm with Mike Money on this stuff!! :mad:

3. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    omg....:(
    while castration holds a certain charm, i think that it would be apropos to inflict the same treatment to the rapist/s...if they get caught and convicted, rape those bastids (not counting the 'salad tossing' they will be providing in jail...;)).

4. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    I seriously do not understand what motivates people to do things like rape another person. How can you say to yourself "i could rape that girl", and then do it. people like that are simply messed up in the head. :confused:

5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree on the get out the guns thing, but here in CA, anyone that owns a gun is a terrorist. I was pulled over and arrested for a shooting I didnt do and while in the back the the cop cruiser heard the report come back that I am the registered owner of 1 assault class weapon and 1 shotgun. The assault gun is a ruger 22 if you know the make (you could really piss someone off with it).

Remember this is the state you can shoot a man raping your wife in your own home, and if you dont kill him right there, he can press charges and win !

If i didnt have enough reason to move the a "town" (<3000 people) in some FL swamp, this is it. I like the gaters and frogs, like my guns, and feel the bad people should get what they dererve, quess im a terrorist/redneck......

6. What makes me more sick is that 2 others stood watch for them. Raping, fair enough, I think we can all agree that is as low as it gets really, and we all have our little punishments for those kind of people worked out in our head (I'm all for castrating them... slowly).

But to keep watch while your buddies rape a poor defenceless girl... I don't get it! What can you possibly get out of that? They were probably paid off, it's a shame that this sort of stuff is allowed to happen...

7. Sh!!!t... I actually got arrested at a party for beating the crap out of some guy who was raping a girl. I was just looking for a freakin bathroom. I called the police after stopping the rape and they cuffed me for assault and took me to the station. The girl spoke up on my behalf. She could have very easily kept her mouth shut to avoid any social backlash. The guy was a college jock or something and he was expelled from the school. Then I was notified a week or two later that he was suing me because I knocked like 3 teeth out off his head or something like that and he wanted medical compensation. I never did get sued. I bet the lawyer talked the family out of it. Just a guess though. Shoulda seen this guy laying on the floor with his face half swollen up and his pants around his ankles. Made kinda hard for him to run... and I'd ddo it again in a heart beat. There was some guy in Denver not too long ago that happened upon a neigher getting gang raped by more than a dozen guys. He stepped in and got his eye cut out with a knife. At least one of the guys was arrrested later and a bunch of people donated some cash so he could get a fake eye and some reconstructive surgery. Give that guy some props. I'm glad he didn't get himself killed.

8. Oh yeah. Since when the &^% is a ruger 22 or 10/22? an assault weapon? If they can come up with a defense technology that is non-leathal that can compete with the range of a firearm... I'm all for it. Until then, cops can only react to a crime. What do they expect people to do to protect themselves during the 5 minutes the cops need to get to your house if you get a chance to call them?

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm gonna say this now, and hopefully I'm being paranoid and it doesn't even need to be said:

If any member, makes any inappropriate joke or comment in this thread, I will strongly push Paul for the harshest punishment possible. This is not a thread where jokes, of any kind, will be tolerated.

If you're going to post a comment that you think may be inappropriate, but you're unsure, it probably is. Don't post it. I'm not playing with this thread. I'll become a real ***hole if anybody crosses me on this one.

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It's shocking to know that these things also happen very close to you. Last week, I saw two men breaking into a house across the street, at 11 AM :eek: I called the cops, had to answer a lot of questions (I was key witness), identify people etc etc. But the most shocking this is, that they had found 2 pounds of coke/heroine in that house..25 meters away from my door, the neighbours have little children..very shocking, and it makes me very sad and angry at the same time :( :mad:

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Sorry to interrupt the gun talk, here's my $0.02...

I hate it, I hate how commonplace rape actually is. But in my travels that's what I've found. The number-one thing though is the reporting. A lot of victims are ashamed and don't report it (you could write entire sociology and anthropology dissertations on why this is, but I'm not going to attempt that). Rapists go unreported waaaaay too often. I doubt that this parking-lot deal was the first thing that these guys tried. I suspect that they probably got emboldened by getting away with it before. If you are a victim or know a victim, then you need to encourage them to report it. Even if the cops can't - or won't - press charges, if these scum at least have arrest records then there's a trail leading to them. Who knows how many women these idiot clowns have violated before. Rape's greatest co-conspirator is silence.

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The lawyers and the liberals have kinda turned that place upside down, scarry thing I don't think I own a firearm that would be legal there! And the nice thing about shooting them is you don't have to pay high taxes for the cable TV and the rehibilitation in the big house! I love all this contreversy in FL about makeing it Legal to shoot some one who has broken into your house, or is trying to hijack your car with a firearm. Right now in a state like FL you can usually win but there is still an assumption of guilt. I'm sorry but someone breaks into my house, or tries to rape my girl friend or any young lady I'm acquainted with there dead, end of story. And I shouldn't have to go on trial for that after a reasonable investigation. There are three kinds of Criminals that too me fall into the Capital punishment catagory, Rapist: There is no excuse, (and I'm not referring to date rapes, obviously those need to be sorted out) But if someone stalks and assaults a youg women like that, that is just sick. Pedophiles, If you molest a kid and your caught, you should be dead. And Random killers, most murders are people who knew the other person, those cases need to be looked at individualy. But, if you walk into a room or a school class and just start shooting, or bomb a place full of civilians (they are not little Eichmans, Ward Churchill is full of it) There is no justification, Terrorism of Civillians is NEVER JUSTIFIED. We should not be paying taxes to maintain the existence of these people, let God sort them out!

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

No one is safe around a rapist, lock them up and throw away the key.

14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Agreed,

I was talking to a person visiting my school who used to go to school really close by and she knew several girls who were raped, told her, but didn't tell the authorities. It's frightening how common this is especially on college campuses.

:(

15. After reading all the posts of this thread. . . . . . . :scowl: :(

People are capable of some serious evil. :rollno:

16. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Someone close to me was raped a few years ago, she was drugged at a party but luckily came to just as the guy was beginning to violate her and pushed him off. Quite honestly I'm having trouble even typing this because my hands are shaking, when I think of it, it drives me nuts. One day I happened to see the guy (She didn't report him despite my attempts at convincing her) while touring a college campus and had to leave the campus. It was the first time in my life I actually had the serious urge to physically maim someone and it was quite scary to be honest.

17. USC DPS (Department of Public Safety) sends out newsletters every now and then when there are crime reports around campus etc., and one day I read that a girl was raped about 100 feet from my apartment.

Unfortunately, most of these things happen between 2 people who know each other, which could add to why they tend to go unreported, although I don't see why that should stop anyone from reporting a crime. If I find out that my friends are running around raping girls that I know, then that means 2 things: they're not really my friend, and I'm going to do what I can to make sure they can't do it again.

18. The problem with all of this is defining where the line is and how many or what kinds of chances should someone get if they cross it. We have a hard time just agreeing on talkbass about topwoods or pickups or well, anything. :D Now trying to get society to agree to something as serious as either taking a life or locking someone up for life for a first offense... that would a long debate.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    So would I :)

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have no problem with a few busted knuckles in such a case. I don't care who it is, my best friend or worst enemy, rape is something I cannot fathom and will not tolerate. I would take the defense of the unwilling person being raped no matter the consequences.