1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recent thread about winning Lotto and Basses ... my experience ..!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DavC, May 26, 2015.

1. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    Well ... the picture below should answer a few questions ... but the first bass I ordered was a Pedulla ET5 ... I went to the factory to pic out the wood for it , ... and bought a ET6 while there ... I was working at a local music store , Lentine's Music and we where a Pedulla dealer ... and a friend Bret Carlson ( great bassist ) worked at Pedulla ... took a new Porsche 968 Cabriolet out for a ride back/forth from Akron to Rockville and back ... if you have more questions ,... please ask ....
    feel free to call the Ohio Lottery if you'd like ... i'll post my 1994 W-2G when I find it ... the 'G' is for Gambling ..!! many other pics of 'stuff' on my Facebook page ... Dave Cuckler ... DavC5-26-94. 1994_et5.

DirtDog, B-Mac, MattZilla and 21 others like this.
  2. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    this was 21 years ago today .... 5/26/94 .... what was the first thing I did ...??? got divorced ..!!

B-Mac, sigterm, tlc1976 and 19 others like this.
  3. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    here's my W-2G ... lotto take 52% when you take the lump payout ... then the feds/state want some more .... then the next year , even more ..! this is many addresses and years ago ... I still have an audio copy of my radio interview on WMMS ... after spending years playing around Akron/Cleveland in the 70's/80's .... W-2G.

bassclef04 and StayLow like this.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

My wife won $500 in Vegas yesterday so you got me beat.:)

Nice one!

P.s. Can you lend me 5 bucks? ;)

dmt, Lownote38, btmpancake and 4 others like this.
  5. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    WOW. CONGRATS!!! Are we Related, by Chance? :thumbsup:

dmt, twinjet, btmpancake and 2 others like this.
  6. When I was a kid, I won stuff-an-entry-ticket-in-a-box drawings all the time, the lucky streak was seemingly limitless.

These days, If I bet you the sun would rise tomorrow, it wouldn't.

dammit

twinjet likes this.
  7. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    Damn Dave!!!! thats just too cool man!, i think that was kinda nice to see the paperwork
    and all. not many ever see such stuff. Now, do something to make us proud of you.
    take care

btmpancake likes this.
  8. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    great first bass! what was the second bass you bought with your winnings?

9. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    what amp/amps did you get to go with it?

10. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    i think if this happened now, I would have two 5 string sadowsky's a pj and a j, and a gl fretless asat 5 string (I know they don't make them, but maybe I could make that happen)

11. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    after the first 2 Pedullas , I bought a couple older Tele guitar ... 67 Tele Custom , 81 Mahogany elite lace sensor .... then I think I picked up a 74 P-bass ... then a Alembic Elan II ... I play mainly keys , then bass ,... guitar ... spent a lot of time /money buying sports cars ... it was quite strange for the first couple years just buying ' whatever' ... ! I became very familiar with the instant 20% depreciation on cars ... what ever brand ... !! from Porsches to BMWs to NSXs ... they all swear how they'll hold their value .... !! I can only guess they didn't expect it to be traded in before the first oil change ... !!! fwb. my play room in the Florida house ... music stuff , video games , pool table ... what else is needed ..!

12. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    I think I had a SWR Grand Prix pre ... a few different power amps/ cabs ... I bought stuff from the music store at 'cost' ...
    I think that is my first PRS USA Standard and a Takemine Santa Fe elec/acoustic ...

my house was up near Destin/ Ft Walton Beach on a barrier island which took a direct hit from hurricane Opal ... luckily we didn't have all of our stuff down there yet ... water marks on the outside of the house where at 12 feet .. ! I got my NSX-T out of there and left my SUV to drown ... !

Charlzm likes this.
  13. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    in my spare time ... here's a CD / zip file from my OneDrive ... way early for a Xmas CD ... but it's the only one I've attempted to upload and share ... playing all the parts , recording stuff pretty much live ,doing tracks over and over until they're as good as I could get , takes forever .... then mixing things down ... all while constantly buying and selling gear ... it is fun .. !

this should/might be the proper link ... it's a long one ....

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid...=98C48670C83DCE60!147&authkey=ADcC66YPaEv2pv0" width="98" height="120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Happy Holidays’  ~  A  Few.

FrenchBassQC likes this.
  14. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Just curious, would you have been better off getting payments over the lump-sum pay out? As in it would take longer to become rich, but your net winnings after 10 or 20 years would have surpassed your net lump sum payout.

TolerancEJ and DavidBassista like this.
  15. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    moved back up to Ohio for a few years ... loved having a basement again for studio space ... !! studioBrimfield2. View attachment 623229 y2kAxxes. studioBrimfield.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    mikewalker likes this.
  16. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    either the lottery could invest the money ... or I could ... would come down to who made the better investments ... especially thru the last half the 90's ... and who pulled a lot of money out before the crash .. ! or who sold their real estate off before the bubble burst ... ?? it is a gamble , ... I'm still doing OK ... plus I couldn't deal with my X every year ... !!! and I think that actually making money with the money is much more interesting than just sitting around waiting for a check ... !!??

17. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    the cars have been a great experience ... costly , ... but I had a chunk set aside as my " car money " ... when it was gone , it was time to try to be more normal ... plus my wife ( yes another wife ... she's great .. ! ) had serious neck , ... then back/spine surgery which greatly lessened my need for speed .... ! davz97C4s4shot.

18. wow, we actually have a real live jackpot winner on TB! I wonder if there are any more.....

btmpancake and blocka like this.
  19. I love basses and all, but these are the best looking pictures in this thread, if not on the whole site. drool

Chad Michael and btmpancake like this.
  20. a nice car and enough gear to fulfill G.A.S for a lifetime.......I like your style brother.

thabassmon likes this.