REDDI vs P15 Poll Time. 2017 update coming soon!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 10cc, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. REDDI

41.0%
  2. Broughton P-15

45.7%
  3. No DI straight shot!

13.3%
  1. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    giphy.gif

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    blindrabbit and arai like this.
  2. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Kind of a deafening silence isn't it?

That other thread turning into 10cc ponying up on a REDDI and making this thread is the coolest thing I've seen on TalkBass, ever!

I was fortunate to get to help 10cc with this, and totally went into it with an open mind, and no preconceived opinion. As far as the tracks go, I like DI4 the best, and greatly prefer the P-15 on everything we've done. It sounds almost like a tube amp with a mic'd cab to me. And the fact that you can eq it is icing on the cake.

3. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    My favorite is DI4. Fun thread! Now I got a REDDI to sell.:D

sloppy_phil and blindrabbit like this.
  4. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I'd get it from you, but, you know.... P-15 ;)

5. sratas

sratas

Dec 15, 2007
    Parma, Italy
    That thread was a shame, I'm glad the mods closed.

But...I don't want to speak against anyone. I hope, actually, that that guy will chime in, bringing his contribution, and, if it's the case, changing his positions. This is what I would do, but I'm the rock that stops the ocean' s waves...

JackANSI likes this.
  6. sratas

sratas

Dec 15, 2007
    Parma, Italy
    Anyway, back to topic!

This damn black box called broughton really shines in recordings.
    it's only minus is that it's an artisan made unit, with no support or service in countries other than USA.

Spending that much, just like a reddi in fact (unit + shipping + import duties) is a bit tricky for europeans.
    I have to think a bit on this

Camaro likes this.
  7. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Could be a tough spot for an endorser.(?)

JackANSI and nshuman like this.
  8. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Again, great job on the clips. After giving everything a few more listens I have come to this conclusion: I'd be happy with the way my bass tracked in any of them. The biggest surprise to me was how phat the bottom end is on that Korg.

I suspected that #3 was either the Broughton or the Korg with some EQ tweaking. It sounded a bit too enhanced to be the REDDI to me. I'm glad you gave us #4 as a direct comparison.

nshuman likes this.
  9. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Those threads are part of the reason a lot of us never venture out of the effects section. People who have no clue what they are talking about start using buzzwords to try to justify their opinions. Always talking about how big transformers are when they have no idea what transformers are being used in competing products. A bunch of people pretending they are engineers. Same crowd that believes that tube amps need to weigh 85 pounds.

blindrabbit likes this.
  10. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Well, I got one out of three, namely D1 as the machine, and the one I liked the most.

10cc and Dave Hill like this.
  11. Whew...I'm glad DI3 & 4 were the P15 on account of I've got one of the latest batch coming very soon.

No buyer's remorse here.

pacojas, JackANSI and 10cc like this.
  12. Well worn P bass on a pickup truck tailgate with some fine gear sitting on it. Great pic.

13. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

I was wondering what that was.

14. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Well, I certainly got it wrong, thinking that #3 was the Reddi. That P-15 sounded really, REALLY good.

All things considered, I still like what the REDDI does and I still want my own. I have a thing with an interface having tone controls, kinda puts it more in the "preamp" category in my mind (feeble as it may be...:D), which is totally cool and the results are certainly awesome with the P-15. In fact, the REDDI is pushing it with the volume control, but I can deal with that.

So anyone selling a REDDI, you know how to reach me!

15. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I loved t comment about UL listing. You don't care til you house burns down or something. JB is an engineer people. Not some guy playing with components to get weird fuzz sounds lol

blindrabbit, pacojas, 10cc and 3 others like this.
  16. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    I myself was also suprised with DI1 (straight into Korg). Now that the cats out of the bag I'll probably go ahead and at some time upload two more. One being the direct out on an Arkham Zephyr and my Radial JDI in speaker mode coming off of my 810 cab / SVT CL.

LowEndWooly and DirtyDuke like this.
  17. sratas

sratas

Dec 15, 2007
    Parma, Italy
    Great....the game has only begun...

Thanks 10 cc

blindrabbit and 10cc like this.
  18. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Haha. That's "Big D" my truck.
    Listen to this great bass playing! Have no clue who it is, but I have read somewhere Waylon had some of "The Kings" players on this one. Cedartown Georgia!

19. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    I am VERY interested in hearing both.

20. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Me too.
    I also have access to a great studio in Athens Ga where I do believe the owner has on order TWO P-15's headed his way along with a 68 Ampeg B-15 that's in the studio now. I'd like to record a direct feed to the console from the P-15 and a miked B-15 signal. Then post the two of them here for everyone's curiosity.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021