Replacement speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KB616, Feb 2, 2023.

1. KB616

KB616

Feb 2, 2023
    Hello everybody, I've been playing for a few months and i was thinking of buying an used bass force xl 200 from Hughes & Kettner, but the amp as a damaged speaker and I've seen on the internet that it's not that easy to find a replacement for speakers. Since I'm a noob in this i would like to ask for your recommendation on speakers.
    Thanks for any help!

2. KB616

KB616

Feb 2, 2023
    ati.png tek.png

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    If it’s just the hole and the speaker otherwise works ok, a small piece of paper towel and PVA glue will work ok as a patch.

JRA, moreblues, HardNHeavy and 6 others like this.
  4. Kaa

Kaa

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I'd drop an email to H&K to see what they have to say about a replacement speaker. Or, duct tape.

5. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Don't use duct tape.

Sparky Mark likes this.
  6. KB616

KB616

Feb 2, 2023
    I will try it tomorrow and i'll see if it's just the hole, really hope it is. I already sent an email to them as i saw that was one of the best possibilities of getting a replacement, but they didn't answered yet.

Thanks for the answers.

7. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    What agedhorse said. I've repaired quite a few that way.

Sparky Mark likes this.
  8. MadJack

MadJack Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Florida
    Is that even the stock speaker? Look at the mounting holes and the screws used to mount the speaker.

Redbrangus and buldog5151bass like this.
  9. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    You posted specs on the rig. Unfortunately, none of those specs are the ones you need to determine what speaker(s) will work in that cabinet. The volume of the cabinet is where you start.

agedhorse likes this.
  10. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Those look looked grille bumpers.

11. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Guess they didn't work very well..

MadJack and agedhorse like this.