1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Return a Bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lolmont, Mar 18, 2013.

1. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hello so 2 months ago I bought a American Standard P bass off Amazon, I even made a thread about it. When the bass came it had two dings already on it and the case had a crack as well. I was playing it today and the nut for the input fell off and the plug fell inside the pick guard. My question is should I call fender support and get it fixed don't have the tools to do this myself or swap it out with Amazon for another one. I already contacted customer care and they said they'd swap it out even 2 months later.

2. I'd just swap it.

3. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    Get your money back and buy yourself half-decent instrument that does not disintegrate after 2 months.

4. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    That's a lot of money to pay for a bass to have that many problems! Of course you should swap it out for another one...and another one if the second one has problems. Think of it this way; those are just the problems you can SEE. Nothing good can come from keeping it.

5. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks I already set up a return. I'll swap it out until Amazon runs out if I have to then ask for money back :cool:

6. 5 Wire

5 Wire

Feb 1, 2013
    NorCal
    Bingo.

7. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Quick update, got my replacement bass and oh boy this one is much nicer like it just came off the factory line. I guess amazon is hit or miss with instruments.

zQGN0jT.

8. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    Why would you keep a bass with all this damage?

I just sent back a Rick 4003 to MF with finish damage even though it will mean I now have to wait 1-2 months for an undamaged one. Just not willing to "settle" for second best.

Fender seems to be pretty consistent with these models, so I am sure the replacement would be at least as good a player as the damaged one you have now. Its highly unusual that you would have so much damage. I bet it was an open stock bass and not a factory sealed one.

I would replace it.

9. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    You must have not read the rest of the thread. Amazon took it back and I just got the replacement today, which is perfect.

10. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    Congrats!

Any time I have ever had a problem with an item from Amazon they have made it right.

You just need to carefully inspect anything you get from them and if it shows any signs of having been previously sold/returned, I don't debate....I send it back and get another one or a refund depending on what it is.

Third party sellers is another matter! I try to steer clear of those since nearly every problem I have had at Amazon was with something from one of these third party merchants and not directly from Amazon.

Always look for "FULLFILLED BY AMAZON" when you buy from them.

11. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    Yeah...I didn't see the most recent when I replied.

Sorry about that, but glad they made it right for the better! :bassist:

12. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    YAY!

13. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    When it comes to big items like this I oly order direct from amazon. + I have prime I like my 2 day shipping.

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Really? After two months, you returned a bass because the nut came loose? Why didn't you just tighten the nut?

15. If you would have kept it, you would have kept second guessing every time something went wrong with it. Problems will likely be fixed and someone will buy as returned item, expecting small problems. Best thing to do, now get out there and JAM!!!

16. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    I swear no one reads the posts it also came dinged and beat up.

17. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Fixed it for ya.

18. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

You can't be serious...

- georgestrings

19. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Apparantly, he doesn't own even the most basic of tools...

- georgestrings

20. lolmont

lolmont

Jan 2, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    I could have fixed it myself, but why bother this was just the final straw in me wanting to return it anyway. I'm glad I did unlike some people here I only get a new high end bass every few years if that. So it might as well be perfect. The replacement I got was the quality I excepted when I bought a American Fender.