1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

S/PDIF, need help?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DFW_Bass, Mar 23, 2009.

1. DFW_Bass

DFW_Bass

Jul 8, 2008
    Dallas
    I know nothing about digital recording, i just play bass, however, i have a old Tascam 564 and it has a S/PDIF, how can I save my songs to my Computer, maybe on a desktop or something by using the S/PDIF?

Thanks! this will help out a lot

2. It's been a few years. I don't remember what software I used. Audacity perhaps.

You'll need a SPDIF cable, or the yellow cable from an on red/white/yellow VCR cable.

I had recorded at 44.1khz, and meant to release on CD also 44.1khz. Sadly Creative's drivers insist on re-sampling to 48khz and back again. So I uninstalled Creative's drivers, and installed KX project drivers. I swear on all that is holy, never to buy another Creative product, so long as I live. My SB platinum is just a frilly gamers card, marketed as having music production potential.

3. DFW_Bass

DFW_Bass

Jul 8, 2008
    Dallas
    So the only way i can send through my computer is to have some type of Recording software that records samples at 44.1khz?

4. No. That's just what I needed for best quality, bit for bit recording. I prefer to avoid resampling. Especially when the sample rate difference is small.

I would have been able to record, from my DAT deck anyway, though there just may have been some loss of sound quality. Perceptible? Perhaps not, but it's the principal of the thing. Digital dubs should be bit perfect.

5. If your computer audio card has a s/p-dif input you can use that, else, you should just go analog i/o instead.

D.Don