1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Metro owners, unite!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, May 10, 2010.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

This thread is dedicated to all us who own and gig Metros. Let us know what you have and what you like about them.

I presently own two. A pj 4 string hybrid and PJ5 vintage. Both are bursts and are ash/maple. Also included pics if you like

Rob

2. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    Here's the only bass I own, currently: Metro RS4 alder/morado (2005), Sadowsky SBF40 flatwounds. It's my only bass because
    1. This is, hands down, THE best instrument I've ever played (and I've tried many terrific high-end basses): The feel, tone, responsiveness, and that overall intangible quality that escapes words makes it so.
    2. Roger's customer service is second-to-none.

attachment.

I hope this pic stays up as linked from another thread where it was attached. My attached photos have been disappearing mysteriously lately.

3. Love my Metros! OlyWhite/Tort RV4 and CAR RS4. Neither ever fails to get compliments from soundguys and other bassists.

4. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Still my 'desert island' bass. This thing is a sonic monster! #M432, M5-24. VTC retrofit late last year, which makes it even more versatile.

4415400754_d9a4600916_b.

5. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm in! I love this bass.

4589256777_df8a77daaa_b.

6. Man, I gotta shoot new pics of mine.

I'm in with two, an RV4 that I bought last spring and a prototype MV4 that I picked up earlier this year. I had a chance to pop in to the shop in December (walking over the Brooklyn Bridge at that time of year is not for the meek) to check things out. I was crazy about the RV4, but vaguely wanted something a little lighter.

After trying every bass in the display room through every test amp in the shop (props to Kevin for his superhuman patience and Roger for his extraordinary hospitality) I came to the conclusion that ash/maple basses weren't my sound.

So of course I bought one. I don't know if it's my ears or the bass, but this one is a whole other animal. The hollowness in the mids I hear in other ash basses is there, but at the same time this thing just snarls. Haven't gigged since the week before I bought the MV4 but I'm really looking forward to hearing it in a mix. Plus it's a comfy 8.5 pounds.

7. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    I sold one Alembic and a CS Fender to get these two and have no regrets...used of course. I owned an NYC Vintage 4 for 9 years, and the quality of the Metros is every bit as good to me. Love these basses! I gigged with the UV Jazz last weekend and it was fantastic.
    4521350653_a633715345_b.

8. JeanBG

JeanBG

Dec 28, 2008
    Belgium
    attachment.

Here's one of mine, the metros are great!!! :hyper:

9. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    I like Vroom Vroom get tons of compliments on my M5-24! I play around a LOT of Ken Smiths and MTD in the gospel realm and the Sadowsky keeps holding it down!
    Bass 003.

10. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    My 3rd metro and for sure my favorite. It has a fair share of bumps and bruises which I am glad of - I can take it to any gig, leave the stand at home and just prop it up in a convenient corner with little regard for the finish - it is a tool, what a bass is meant to be.
    These days I leave most of the fives listed below at home simply because they are "precious," a road worn Ritter - not mine thanks.

Thanks again Roger for making great instruments!

Now if I can just get my hands on a well used candy apple red jazz fiver...

IMG_3354.
    IMG_3357.

11. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I have 1 NYC and 1 MV5. I love them both equally.

My UV70 ash/RW is due next month.

12. JJP_1984_LB50

JJP_1984_LB50 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    North Canton, OH
    UV70RW-5

I'll bring other basses to the gig, but I never seem to put this one down...

DSCN0846.

13. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Beautiful bass. My UV70 is just it for me. Love the full-sized body and the range of tones I can get.

14. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    I'm playing exactly the same bass and I love it. !
    Great choice :)

15. Hounddog

Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I am tired of waiting on my NYC VJJ5 Bass and gonna buy a Metro to play until I get my NYC Bass. Would prefer an MV5 but would entertain a UV70 5. If anyone is thinking about selling one let me know. I would rather buy used. If I dont hear anything from anyone by tomorrrow afternoon I am gonna get on the phone and buy a new one.

Mike

16. Ok... Twist my arm! I'll post my '04 TW MV4 pix again! :D

SadowskyTWMV44.

SadowskyTWMV4Body.

SadowskyTWMV4Headstock.

SadowskyTWMV4SerialNumber.

rayzak likes this.
  17. Count me in; UV70 5 string, alder body - thinking about selling it on so that I can raise funds for an NYC P/J 5 string...

20100522_011.

20100522_008.

20100522_010.

20100522_014.

18. JJP_1984_LB50

JJP_1984_LB50 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    North Canton, OH
    Well...that looks familiar!!! ;->

19. Snap! :hyper:

20. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Here's my 07' LPB MV4. It's a pure tone monster. The best sounding bass I've ever had, and only 8.3 lbs. The ultimate gigging machine.
    Every time I plug this bass in the soundman would freak out, really amazing tone.
    There is a problem however, I just can't get the action as low as my NYC. It's a comfortable medium-low right now but if I go lower it'll buzz, especially the G string. If I was in the US I'd send it to the shop to get a proper full setup. A slight fret leveling might be in order. Haven't found yet a local luthier I'm comfortable with.

Anyway, here goes:

MV4%20front%202.