1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tullykennedy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Tullykennedy

Tullykennedy Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I wanna send a big thanks out to Roger Sadowsky and Kevin Drexler for taking such good care of me through the years ...Sadowsky basses are the best basses period... First class basses, first class customer care ..... Thx for always going above and beyond for me....

Tully Kennedy

2. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Best most consistent product and after sales of any bass company possibly? Gets my vote! :)

3. Agreed. Best customer service in the business IMHO.

4. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Tully,

Your right. Sadowsky is the Best.

5. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    +1000 Agree, but dont forget Lakland, Genz Benz and Hartke, they have same outstanding customer service as Roger, having saying that I hope this year I can get either a Sadowsky or US Lakland

6. Killens84

Killens84 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    Tully, what kind of body wood does your black Sadowsky P/J bass have? I know it has a rosewood fretboard, and I'm guessing it has an alder body.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I love my NYC 4 string. I am very much indebted to Kevin Drexler who helped me figure out exactly what I needed. Roger has always been such a gentleman.

If you like warm, I suggest a P/J with a brazilian rosewood fingerboard and chambered alder body.
    I also love the 9" Radius neck, too—very Jazz-like.

8. +1000. Roger and his crew are tops!!!

9. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Kevin..the unsung here, known by so many. :D

They consistently make me feel like I am the only customer they have. Thanks guys.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've never had anything but great service from Kevin and Roger. (Nino too, back in the day. He "broke in" my basses for me.)

11. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Even the rest of the staff find the time to talk to you about the build! So to me its a team effort and a brilliant one at that!

12. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Great product and great customer service. It doesn't get any better than what Roger and his team have to offer. And Kevin is a class act. He knows how to make a person feel like a truly valued customer without being an a** kisser.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I couldn't agree more. I'm Sadowsky-less now, but won't always be!

14. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

And their customer service is consistent.

I started going into Roger's Manhattan shop in the mid eighties when I worked in NYC. As a young, crappy, hobbyist bass player, I was treated with respect and professionalism. And every time our paths have crossed, whether on the phone or in person, it's been the same.

And it's not just Roger. Kevin and everyone else in the shop I've spoken with has the same level of professionalism.

Not to mention, their basses rule. Basses come and go. I have some nice instrument in the basement but if the house is burning down and I can only take one, it's my Sadowsky that's coming with me.

15. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    I've always wanted a Sadowsky, but I could never find a dealer that does interest free financing. I pay for my equipment with my band income, and i just can't justify taking money out of savings.

16. They are awesome basses! I even have a cool signature on mine! :bassist:

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So start stashing your band pay into your sock drawer until you have enough to get one.

18. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    I hear ya! LOL!

19. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    I would love to get my hands on a Sadowsky, but out of my price range. :( When I win the lottery Roger and co will be getting a mass order. :hyper:

20. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    +1
    Best basses IMO, and I have had many, many others through the years. Right now, my NYC is getting all of my playing time and my Metro is a great back up.