Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Basser McGee, Jun 18, 2005.

1. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but figured this would be the best place.

I was never really a huge fan of Limp Bizkit, but after hearing "The Truth" I really like Sam Rivers's tone. Its bassy but still bright and distorted but still tight (I'm a bassist, not a poet.)

I could not find his setup using google or guitargeek. Could somebody inform me as to how he gets his particular tone or another place to look for said information?

/basser

2. I think he plays a warwick.

3. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    I remember reading an article about his setup from his tech guy in a bass player magazine about a year and a half ago. I'll try looking for the article but you might be able to find it in their archives online.

4. The sound is all in his Sims fretboard LEDs :D

5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Last time I saw him he was using a Warwick Streamer (Stage II I think) Custom made one with a green stain and LED's and such. Looked like a nice bass.

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Acctually pics from recording sessions showed him sporting a 4 string Wal.

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    He has a pretty chunky tone, and he uses a 5 string.. (6 string maybe sometimes..) warwick streamer, but i have seen a pic of him with another bass besides a warwick, maybe a Wal like oversoul said.

8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Sam has been known to use Ibanez, Warwicks, and now Wals.

9. :bassist: As far as I know, he doesn't use Ibanez's anymore. At least ever since Warwick started handing him free basses (wonder why???). He does play a Wal, but I think its mostly for recording. I could be wrong on that one though. His rig is all Ampeg live now. Outside of that, I have no idea what his set-up is. I did the same check a month ago and couldn't find much either. IMHO, he is underrated. The new album is damn good btw. :bassist: