Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Basser McGee, Jun 18, 2005.

1. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but figured this would be the best place.

I was never really a huge fan of Limp Bizkit, but after hearing "The Truth" I really like Sam Rivers's tone. Its bassy but still bright and distorted but still tight (I'm a bassist, not a poet.)

I could not find his setup using google or guitargeek. Could somebody inform me as to how he gets his particular tone or another place to look for said information?

2. I think he plays a warwick.
  3. Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    I remember reading an article about his setup from his tech guy in a bass player magazine about a year and a half ago. I'll try looking for the article but you might be able to find it in their archives online.
  4. The sound is all in his Sims fretboard LEDs :D
  5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Last time I saw him he was using a Warwick Streamer (Stage II I think) Custom made one with a green stain and LED's and such. Looked like a nice bass.
  6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Acctually pics from recording sessions showed him sporting a 4 string Wal.
  7. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    He has a pretty chunky tone, and he uses a 5 string.. (6 string maybe sometimes..) warwick streamer, but i have seen a pic of him with another bass besides a warwick, maybe a Wal like oversoul said.
  8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Sam has been known to use Ibanez, Warwicks, and now Wals.
  9. :bassist: As far as I know, he doesn't use Ibanez's anymore. At least ever since Warwick started handing him free basses (wonder why???). He does play a Wal, but I think its mostly for recording. I could be wrong on that one though. His rig is all Ampeg live now. Outside of that, I have no idea what his set-up is. I did the same check a month ago and couldn't find much either. IMHO, he is underrated. The new album is damn good btw. :bassist: