1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Samick bass project (Canary Yellow)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GodPlayedBass, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Spent 40 bucks on a beat up canary yellow samick PJ bass and 25 on affinity squier pickups. Had to replace bridge pieces also and do shielding. Thanks @bass-icly me for yet another great mod. Affinity pickups are just ok. I wanna put something else in here with new pots one day Resized_20201116_174922.jpg

bass-icly me, telecopy, B-Mac and 3 others like this.
  2. Nice! FWIW you might find that new pots will make quite a difference, it cleaned up my sound to the point where my standard pickups were fine, it was just the downstream electronics that were killing the tone. Buy CTS or Bourne 250K pots if you can.

bass-icly me and GodPlayedBass like this.
  3. Thanks for the info

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Beat Up?
    That doesn't look beat up. Looks pretty good!

bass-icly me and GodPlayedBass like this.
  5. Yeah you didn't see the before photos :roflmao:

bass-icly me and B-Mac like this.
  6. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021