1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

San Francisco based rock band seeks bass player

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by friscodrummer, Jan 12, 2012.

1. friscodrummer

friscodrummer

Jan 12, 2012
    Hello there. I am the drummer for a San Francisco rock band named Train Car Windows. Right now we have a singer/song writer/rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, and drums. We are in need of a bass player to complete our 4some. The recordings are my buddy singing and playing with his guitar with a computerized drum part. My drumming sounds nothing like what u hear. It's just a sample of what our songs are. We play mostly originals with one or two covers. My buddy has written about 25 songs which of all i have played with him during rehearsals. We haven't gigged yet because we are looking for a bass player to join before we do. We kind of have a R.E.M. kinda vibe.

We practice on Friday Evenings from 8-11pm at Plug N Play in San Francisco. It is located between Polk and Larkin on Bush Street.

http://www.reverbnation.com/TrainCarWindows

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    if you want a bass player post some sound clips, site links, and more info! are you under management, working, etc? people are busy...

what does the other (third) guy play? guitar? maybe keys,... let me guess,... the flute!!! :hyper: just kidding... who do you sound like- originals- covers??? :help:

maybe i'm your guy! :bassist: where do you rehearse? yikes,.. what i'm trying to say is:

I HATE FACEBOOK!!!! grrrrrrr :(

3. friscodrummer

friscodrummer

Jan 12, 2012
    I guess nobody is interested.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I wish I lived in SF, and not Oma-blah...

5. Long commute from Cape Cod, but if you're paying relocation!:hyper:

6. Rycebag

Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    Yes, can you answer any of the question pacojas left? I live in the city and have been to many practices at plug n play and am looking for solid work.

7. friscodrummer

friscodrummer

Jan 12, 2012
    We practice primarily on Friday evenings. We don't have a manager and I am currently looking for work but our lead and the frontman currently work regular jobs. If you would like to tryout during a practice session contact my buddy patrick @ patrickluckett@live.com. He will let you know all the details. Apparently trying to find a bass player who doesn't want to play metal is slim pickings around here.