1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Save your money....Peavey has got it right!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by capnjim, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    So I switched from guitar to bass 10 years ago. (Chopped off left index finger). The hardest thing about playing bass was getting a great tone. I went through dozens of amps.
    I finally found the holy grail of bass amp tone. A vintage Traynor Custom Special with a 2x15 cab.
    But it was too big and kind of noisy.

I am now in between bands and jam with a few different buncha guys.

Enter the peavey max 115. Not the older version, but the new version with 300 watts.
    I bought it as its a great light grab and go combo. 225$.
    But....it sounds as good as any amp I have ever owned, better than most in fact. It has so many extra features that there is not a tone I hear in my head I can't get with this amp. Plus, it will get crazy loud, and it has a pre and post so it will even get really dirty if I want.

So, I wanted something for home use as the Peavey is at a drummers house.
    So i bought a Peavey max 110. The 20 watt version. Let me tell you, this thing is crazy good sounding.
    Best 80$ I ever spent. Plus the 20 watts sounds like 100 watts and I could use it for small quiet jams.
    But, I love it as it gets real nice deep bass at bedroom volumes.
    Bravo Peavey, Bravo

aaaaaaaaaaapeaveymax115 contro;ls.

SickAura and bholder like this.
  2. SickAura

SickAura Let There Be Rock Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Toronto-ish
    I recently picked up a MiniMAX and I have to agree with you. Best bang for the buck out there IMO

3. The MiniMax at Sam Ash is the only amp anyone ever asked me to turn down, so it does get pretty loud.

b-b-b-bass likes this.
  4. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Ha Ha Ha!! I knew this thread would die fast. All you poor saps wasting your money on expensive crappy amps!

Go Peavey Go!!!!

5. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    Well if it did not die fast before, a comment like that will certainly make it

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  6. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Dead is dead....doesn't matter what I say.