1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Custom-5 Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by NickTej22, Oct 23, 2013.

1. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    I picked up a custom 5 with the s-tek bridge. I'm not really feeling the gold hardware, so I'm looking for black hardware. I'm looking for something that I can bolt directly up without drilling or modifying. I found a couple of bridge sets on Amazon that LOOKED like the s-tek style, but I'm not sure how to tell if it's a direct swap. Same goes with the knobs and tuners. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. cerokilik

cerokilik

Aug 22, 2013
    Clinton, MI
    tuners should be no problem to swap out. Hipshot makes 1/2, 3/4 or whatever else fits your fancy. the 3/4s should be a simple swap, no drilling or filling. the knobs its even easier, just pry the current knobs off and put on the new. don't rip out the potentiometers though....
    I'm not sure about the bridge though, you could also possibly order one from s-tek that is black? or even hipshot might have something similar.

3. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Thanks for the info man, I'll have to check into the bridge some more.

4. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Haven't been able to find anything for the bridge :(