1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. minimal

minimal Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Since I'm in Canada, I switched my board out to Tourgear Designs cables. Great cables with lots of length options and they do both C and S shape cables. They've worked out quite well on my OBNE Signal Blender that has 6 cable input/outputs and two 9v jacks on the top side.

chupacerveza, Roxbororob and Btbp like this.
  2. Looks interesting - how is the QC on those? The MAKA I posted seems to have a lot of negative reviews.

3. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    69A66CCD-40C6-45CD-AC33-CDD993FB04FA.jpeg

4. minimal

minimal Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    So far so good. I've ripped my board completely apart a few times now, trying out multiple configurations and the cables are all in great shape.

Btbp likes this.
  5. Hoyt

Hoyt

Jun 29, 2006
    Saint Charles, IL.
    2016C287-7A92-4A79-AE2B-183886E9AEA6.jpeg Rethought my upright bass pedalboard. I use a separate “clicky” pickup for roots/rockabilly, so I got a second Line6 G30 wireless. I made sure to leave enough room to insert cables in case my wireless receivers goes down. The clicky goes through the optional reverb and into channel B on the EBS SCBPA, while my bridge pickup goes into channel A. The Eventide H9 is useful for subtle modulation effects and of course, the tuner. I’m also currently making a much larger pedalboard and if all goes according to plan, will be able to connect the two using the H9’s FX loop. Also solved my noise and power issues with the Strymon Ojai. Overall, I’m happy with this fun little utility board.

6. Great board Hoyt!

Really dig the SCAP, it's one sweet looking unit — classy and clean.

Hoyt likes this.
  7. Hoyt

Hoyt

Jun 29, 2006
    Saint Charles, IL.
    I’ve been telling anyone who will listen that it’s worth checking out :)

BrentSimons likes this.
  8. Overdrive777

Overdrive777

May 29, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa/Boogie
    2FEE1331-02BE-4EC7-A00E-BD548AE4CE28.jpeg I put together another small board. My main board is built around a HX Stomp among both digital and analog pedals.
    This is all analog. Built for smaller shows and also when I double with URB as well:)

Attached Files:

9. 20210420_203747.jpg

This little board is just so damn awesome. The Fliptop is exactly what I was looking for as a tone sweetener. It really ties it all together.

10. devilof76

devilof76

Nov 19, 2019
    Sabattus, Maine
    My 550 preamp is acting a fool, so I’m subbing with my 260. Figured I’d trim the pedals down too. Morley PBA2 on the floor. 6C8E3320-CA5B-4469-9AF2-497F7A98B9A4.jpeg

11. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I believe you have thought of everything!

Dr Greenthumb likes this.
  12. Just reached a somewhat final version of my pedalboard for the band I have now. Replaced the Zomm MS60 for a proper phaser pedal, just because it's the only effect I really use, and only for a few seconds of just 3 songs. So, the fewer, the simpler the better. Phase 90 has a great sound and it only has 1 knob!.

The rest is basic. MXR Bass DI+, Custom CMOS, B3k Clone Overdrive, EBS Multicomp allways on, warwick rocktuner. Thats it

IMG_20210418_073214.jpg

cosmicevan, dabis, lgrankin and 6 others like this.
  13. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I had to do it and order the parts to make a Benson Preamp clone... too many good posts about them here.

halech54 and dwagner like this.
  14. I wanted to try a Keeley Canyons on there instead of the Utility Knife but my GAS subsided.. for now!

MascisMan likes this.
  15. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    You could sell the Utility Knife, TFR, and Blueberry and then have enough for a used HxStomp and a 2-button expression pedal and have all those sounds you sold, plus all the reverbs you could ever want, and everything else that comes with the stomp (compressors, amp sims, cab sims, HPF/LPF filters, EQ's, tuner, etc. The Stomp also has an effects loop if you wanted to embed your leftover pedals somewhere within it's chain of blocks..and it should fit on your board fine. Plus, everything would have sweet top jacks!

Oh also, the Stomp can double as a DI box (with a TRS to XLR cable) and it has a headphone jack.

upload_2021-4-21_11-6-8.png

16. That would definitely cover pretty much all bases but it's not happening! That BJFE is not leaving me until the day I snap, sell all my pedals and buy a Wal! The HxStomp looks awesome if I ever want to go the multi effect way though!

wncBass and MascisMan like this.
  17. dwagner

dwagner Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
  18. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Newest iteration of my Nano board. Really liking the Mojo into the Hematoma. Great stacked drive.

On a side note, anyone else using the Rockboard cables have the metal on the back of the plug pop off? NanoBoard.jpg

cosmicevan, krdp_nsk, Rich67 and 3 others like this.
  19. basst scho

basst scho

May 30, 2017
    Bavaria
    never noticed anything, but never looked closely ;)

20. dabis

dabis

Mar 27, 2016
    Barcelona
    It happened to me once, but I put it back in with a simple finger pressure. I do use the Gold series:
    MXR tb.jpg

dwagner, cosmicevan, krdp_nsk and 4 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021