1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sire M2 vs .................. ? Maple neck bass under 400$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marekgaw197, May 13, 2019.

1. marekgaw197

marekgaw197

Jun 22, 2011
    Hi,
    atm I'm looking for a new bass, after selling my tmb-100. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bass and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for great value for money. The only 2 things I didn't like about it was the rosewood fretboard (simply I pref. maple) and the lack of Tone knob.

So, after doing some research, it came to me to my surprise, that there aren't much options for me.
    I have 3 crteria, when looking for the new bass:
    1. Maple neck
    2. Passive or passive/active (with tone knob)
    3. Preferably a precision / pj or humbuckers, as I tend to use a lot of distortion or overdrive - that's why I'm not so keen on buying a Jazz Bass

By looking at those 3 points, the only bass I found was the Sire M2 or the P7.
    My budget is around 400$ and I'm fine with both used or new instrument, however I couldn't find anything interesting in the local used market in Poland.

Any other suggestions I haven't thought of? Or perhaps some M2 users could share their oppinions on the Sire M2 or P7? I lean towards the M2, as the price is more appealing to me and leaves me some $ for new pedals.