Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Six string bass neck adjustment?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, May 17, 2005.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    Well I have a six string bass which is tuned E-E , as you know I don't think there are any bass strings that are intended to be used to E-E tuning . so the six string bass strings didnt really work too well so I use seven string bass strings minus the low B. As the bass is set up now its setup to my liking where the smaller strings are ;like the e,b,and g string . But my thicker strings like the E and A string are a little bit loose . The A string isn't so bad and even the E is pretty playable but if i hit it too hard it'll rattle against the bridge. My bass has dual truss rods. So my question is should I adjust the truss rod that is closest to the E and A string? Would this help alot? and should I tighten it or losen it? Ive setup a bass before so I shouldnt have too much trouble.

2. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    thats strange cause the string had alot more tension before my bass was "resetup" to be tuned E-E