1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SMV Tour at Singapore

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: La Bella Strings
    Last week, I went to SIngapore from Hong Kong for this incredible show!

As I got really nothing to do there, so I entered the theater hall like 30mins before the show, and I'm allowed to do everyone here wanna do, - go to the stage front!! As there are not many people in the hall at I the time I got in, so I can took picture of the stage and gears!! (Not allowed using flash, the pic is a bit blur n dark...)

Here you go!

IMG_3303copy. IMG_3313copy. IMG_3314copy.

Victor Wooten -
    Bass - Fodera Yin-Yang 4 string bass and Monarch bass (He used only his Fodera Yin-Yang bass, his Monarch was there on a stand for whole concert.)
    Amp - Hartke Hydrive heads with 2 X 410 and 115 Speaker
    Effect and Pedals - Boss Gt-6B effector, Peterson Tuner, I forget the name of the little white box he is using, Will update on that later.

IMG_3315copy.

IMG_3304copy. IMG_3307copy. IMG_3311copy.

IMG_3319copy. IMG_3317copy. IMG_3318copy.

Marcus Miller -
    Bass - Fender MM 4 string (white), MM 5 string bass (Sunburst) and a 4 string Fender Jazz fretless, in addition to saxophone and his bass clarinet.
    Amp - 2 SWR 750X power amp, SWR Marcus Miller Preamp with an Empirical Labs Distressor into 2 SWR Goliath III Speaker
    Effect and Pedals - Marcus got numerous pedals set up and here is the list, 3 X EBS effect pedal (Dynaverb, Multi Comp BassIQ), EBS Microbass II, MXR Carbon Delay and compressor, Boss Line Selector and tuner, 2 Line 6 pedal, Ibanez 808, B:assmaster, Big Muff, Wah Pedal, and some I don' really know what it is because I don't see it closely... but as far as I remember.. I don't really notice Marcus had stepping on his pedals often...So... who know?

IMG_3308copy.

Stanley Clarke-
    Bass - He mainly use the Alembic bass and his upright, while his Spellbinder basses was there but did npt play.
    Amp - 2 Alembic F1-X preamps into two QCS PLX amps driving two each SWR Goliath Jr. and Son Of Bertha cabinets along with two Fender Blues Juniors (I think) for his Alembic bass and a SWR Super Redhead for his upright, T.C Electronic G-major Effect Processor
    Effects and pedal - Sorry on that, I just know he is using a TC Electronic G.System

Among the three, Vic got the most basic Setup.

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Cool.

3. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    That's awesome Timothy, great pics! You say there's nothing to do in Singapore? What about eating? It's one of the best cities to eat in the world from what I hear... But that's a different thread/forum, haha.

Thanks for sharing!

4. TimothyGroovy

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    yes... except eating and the gig..... I nearly do nothing there...luckily, i got a local bass buddy, so he can brought me around...:smug:

5. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    that little box you forgot the name of is one of the hothand pedals isnt it? the ones with the ring

6. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    singpore? gear shopping central for south east asia. man. thats massive. wonder why nz is to far away for them!

7. TimothyGroovy

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
  8. balzary

balzary

Oct 28, 2004
    If anybody has a chance to attend Wooten's bass clinic on this tour, it is definitely worth going! I went to listen to him in Finland, and I must say it was probably the best 2,5 hour lesson I've had about playing, understanding music etc.

In the end he didnt play bass that much, just talking. So bring your band mates also :)

9. rottenramone

rottenramone

Dec 11, 2003
    bro, u shd have hooked up with me here. could show u around.

10. JKambing

JKambing

Aug 5, 2008
    Singapore
    Woah - all this happened in my own country?? I didn't know that. I really should pay attention to what's going on in my country. Nice pictures by the way. The Hartke amps looked beautiful. :D

11. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    Is Marcus Miller using a Bluebeard?!?!?

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Who knew Marcus was such a pedal junkie?! Everything I've heard by him sounds like clean tones.

13. ob3ron

ob3ron

Sep 11, 2005
    Singapore
    i was there too! amazing show. 5 rows from the front! :hyper:

yea. i was shocked too when i saw marcus miller's set up.

heres my pic of his set up. not very clear though.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    After years of playing, I put together my very first pedalboard - with a whopping 4 pedals on it, haha - Dunlop 105Q wah, Boss CEB-3, OC-3 & TU-2... I was thinking right after, "What am I doing with all these effects, I'm a bass player." LOL.

Well, looking at Marcus' board and all the others here on TB... I guess I'm ok - mine is bare compared to ones I've seen.

15. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    Damn, really regret missing this...

16. frenchtoast

frenchtoast

May 6, 2008
    Singapore
    No kidding.....:rollno:

17. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    Had too much work to clear that week. Worked until about 10pm that day. A friend of mine managed to help me get Victor Wooten's set-list though. Complete with what looks like his footprint :)

18. It certainly looks that way!

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    BTW, you can ask Marcus for yourself. Go to his website, and he answers every question people have for him.

20. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    Really? Cool, thanks. I'll send him an email. I doubt it's really him that answers.