So, I always promised! V8 + Schroe Pics!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by popinfresh, Jul 24, 2005.

1. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus

Mmmm, what's inside!?

Glass! Needs a clean, though i'm not sure what I can't touch.. So I stopped! :p

Mmmm, tubes.

Enjoy. I'll be posting a review next week after a gig!
  2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I want one, but when I come across one it's always so far away that the shipping to the US is more than the amp.
  3. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

You can clean the inside easily with a narrow dry paintbrush.

I use them for everything now.
  4. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    on the way to the gig if you stop to get some petrol get the compressed air tire pump and blow out some of that dust!
  5. joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    Or maybe a computer duster will be a little safer? The air compressor would probably spray a mist of built up humidity that might get your tubes all soggy.
    P.S. Looks like you need to update your signature.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
  7. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I once used a swifer duster to clean the inside of my amp. Not sure how safe it is but it worked great.
  8. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Very nice rig. Lucky you finding that V8. I have a V6 coming my way and I'm looking forward to it.
  9. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Popin, that thing is mighty secksy. Something about warm, glowing tubes just fills my heart with glee. How's that head sound? Is it ALL tube, or hybrid? Price?

I'm trying to find something to eventually replace my SVT3-Pro head, that's why I ask!
  10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Seems to me that someone didn't look too close at this picture:

Hey Fresh, when you get tired of the amp, send me an email, I'll take it offa yer hands.
  11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Really nice setup popinfresh! I can imagine its sounds amazing. :bassist:
  12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  13. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Best sounding rig to my ears that i've ever heard.. Now alls I need is a Streamer Stg II!! Ohh Oddio.... ;)

Empty Cell - Yup, all tube. 400 watt of it :)

Burning Skies - Will do :p Though you'll have fun converting it from 230 Volts most likely...

So I can clean it out with a paintbrush? Wicked.
  14. Hey POP thats a very nice setup, When you get sick of the Trace- send it to me... No need to change the voltage that way :) Very Very nice? I bet it sounds great- how dose that setup go for volume have you fired it up in the garage yet?

Also what the Sch's cost to import?
  15. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Haha, volume.

Lets just say I havn't gotten it past around 2 in the house yet before everything starts shaking. 3 if I want to just be an ass to the neighbourhood.

I did put it on half power (200watt) and ran the master up around 8 and the pre at about 3 or so, and that was some sweet distortion, also very loud :p I don't think i'll be gettin rid of it anytime soon ;)

It cost the $550us or so to ship it, and once it got here, $140au roughly in the GST/handling stuff department. All up, would of cost just over $2000.
  16. Very nice...

I quiet like being an ass in the area generally. I run my GK on 6 or 7 during times like that... I dobut very much that my old assa Ampeg cab would be half as loud as your Schro though :p

I still want that Trace :bassist:
  17. Tualatin

Feb 7, 2005
    That thing looks pretty cool. Similar guts to a 400+. Can you compare?
  18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I beg to differ...

...having a 400+, that tube compliment is completely different...different type of power tubes, and twice as many preamp tubes.

What's the tone circuitry like? I would assume that half of those 12AX7 tubes run the tone stacks?
  19. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Indeed, it is different to the 400+. That uses 12 6l6's (roughly 25 watt each) and this uses 8 KT88's (roughly 50 watt each).

This also has 7 preamp 12AX7's and a driver tube. I'm not sure on the Mesa, but it has 4? I think.

The circuitry, I have no idea with this. All I know is is in the preamp V1 is gain I and when you switch to gain II (overdrive) it adds in the V2 12AX7 as well..

I think Oddio(?) made a circuitry diagram etc, but I couldn't understand it! One of the other V8 owners will probably no more, i'm new to tubes..