So, I bought a cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Dec 6, 2015.

1. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If I was not to find an original CTS I would use this speaker before the Jensen. Chances are that Radio shack speaker being an 8 ohm lasted maybe two notes before it blew.

2. That looks like a better idea. And probably will sound better, too, in the long run. Plus that's actually availible; the Jensen dealers nearest me are either sold out or out of business.

3. Bill Staudt

Bill Staudt Guest

Jun 18, 2002
    The Eminence Legend is an excellent choice. I used them when I was having my original driver re-coned. I recommended the Jensen as it better served the ultimate goal of getting the cab working to sell. Plus the price point of the Legend puts it in the ballpark of an original vintage CTS. All are good options. I tend to think that whoever purchases the cab will want to find an original driver eventually. The Jensen driver is available through eBay, Amazon, etc.

4. D'oh! I didn't think to look on Amazon for the Jensen, but, well, no matter. I don't have the money at the moment anyways. Plus I'm sick, which is addling my brain all up. Or that's the cough medicine.

5. Bill Staudt

Bill Staudt Guest

Jun 18, 2002
    Honestly, you should be able to get around $400 for it as-is.Throw that Realistic driver in the trash, and put it on the DC /Baltimore Craigslist for $500. Advertise the fact that it is a 1973 flatback with seven original drivers, and sell it to the first person that offers more than $400.

I don't like this idea, but you could also part it out and get around $75 per driver, if they check out. The empty carcass could bring another $100.

It's a crappy thing to do, but as long as we're brainstorming.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Thunderscreech and rufus.K like this.
  6. That's always an option, too.
    Granted, the thing is a beast, but I don't know how much I really would get to use it because of the size factor.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 27, 2021