1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I just got reprimanded at my job...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Relic, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    This thread made me make a mistake at work today....
    I was remembering it while typing an e-mail to a client who, we'll say wasn't quite grasping what I was telling them. I was thinking as I was typing "regards" "Type ReGards, not ReTards, don't pull a Relic".
    Well, something crossed and I typed "Retards,".

Thanks Relic.

2. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Wow its been 2 years since you posted this man...Time flows by fast doesn't it...

I made an awesome mistake like that 2 months ago.

I was sending an e-mail asking for help on some matters to an assistant of a prof. at the campus.My bro' was with me and I was writing silly things like "I need your help on this matter,if you don't I'm gonna ****** you!!" here and there and was deleting after having a giggle out of it.

When I finished the letter,I put a symbol at the end of the "thanks etc." part: (((0)
    If you make your fingers look like this from the front-thumb between the index&middle finger-it is the equivalent of middle finger in the Turkish culture.

I said "man we'd have huge laugh if I send this don't we" and we giggled.Next thing I know I hit "tab+enter" as if I was writing some C code to give the symbol a tab space from left.And.....I forgot I was writing in Firefox instead of my C compiler's editor.BANG! Mail sent...I pulled a middle finger to an assistant...

Man did we laugh hard.:D

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    But see, now this is useful material right there.
    I can always redo my work email signature to read something like:

Regards, and (((0),

Relic

And unless my client is in Turkey, I'd get the satisfaction of insulting the morons I deal with and not having to worry about repercussions! Win/Win!

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    :D

5. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    This.

lol the formality with which you wrote the last few lines (and, I'm sure, the rest of the email) should have indicated that it was a typo. T is right above G anyway.

Though I would avoid use of the word "regards" in the future :D

6. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Recently, I almost sent a graph about sea zones for print, with a typo that detailed how "Fisting areas" were determined.

7. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Jesus Christ, I just bellowed out loud.

8. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Hey, I'm thankful. If he hadn't done that I would have never seen this thread.

9. Wow, that's REALLY funny!:hyper:

Best typo ever!

10. nebzero

nebzero

Nov 24, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    lmfao

geology terms are dirty