1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Songs you are embarassed to like

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unbridled, Sep 27, 2010.

1. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    You know, songs that most folks on the forum would say they don't want to play. Where are the folks who LIKE to play Freebird? So, tell us the song you like to play that most people complain about having to play.

I have to admit, I like playing Mustang Sally. :bag: Of course, I'm the lead singer.

2. No matter how much i hate the song, i love to play Poker Face by Lady Gaga. I know, terrible isnt it.

Liam

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

From this moment, life has begun... :atoz:

4. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    It's the first step toward recovery.

5. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    "True" buy Spandau Ballet, "True Colors", by Cyndi Lauper, "Girl You know it's True" by Milli Vanilli. That's the honest truth.

6. ffutterman

ffutterman Talentless Bass Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I like playing the Freebird intro on the fretless. "Ring My Bell" is kinda fun to play too...(shaking my fist at disco)

7. "we built this city"
    "take on me"
    " just a job I do"

8. Herbie Chesnutt

Herbie Chesnutt Guest

Mar 19, 2010
    Wake Forest, NC
    With you on all of these as well. For me: Time (Clock of the Heart) by Culture Club. :bag:

9. Crash Test Dummies "mmm mmm mmm mmm"

10. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Play That Funky Music

11. Love this song. R-3-5-3 then cut loose with all roots on the tune's name.

12. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    California Girls - Katy Perry :rollno:

13. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    In my defense, I have a 10yr old daughter. That's who made me aware of the tune, at least 20 times a friggin' day.

14. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    I was dead set against playing

Bad Romance
    Paparazzi
    Just Dance
    Take on Me
    Sweet Child o Mine
    any Katy Perry (we do two, lol)

when my band plays em (www.missalibi.com), we crunch em up a bit and they become tolerable.

at least our third set has some zep to ground me.

15. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes.

Worthless song, but I always end up with a giant grin (and a giant crowd on the dance floor) whenever I sing and play it.

16. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I thought the bass line was simple, but sweet. That's how I like my slap bass. Of course, there could've been more variations and gimmicks, but hey...

For me, 'Ironic' by Alanis Morrisette. Really fun to play, you could technically break out in a short bass solo in two places (where the bass takes the lead), but I like to play it safe there. lol

17. I love this thread. I have probably downloaded about 90 percent of the songs that were listed.

18. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    It's kind of like copying lists of songs from "I hate ---- songs" to add to our cover set.

19. DaemonicNimrod

DaemonicNimrod

Sep 28, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    The opening themes to Fraggle Rock, Ducktales, and Scooby Doo

20. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I don't think there's any song I'm embarrassed by playing wise, it's all good fun. But listening wise, I'd have to say my most embarrasing guilty pleasure would be the "best of bread" album. Give me a break! It was one of the first hand-me-downs I got as a kid! What can I say, I was warped from an early age. Much like that album eventually came to be, now that I think of it...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021