1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
  2. It appears to be exactly what I asked for. An envelope filter and octaver that's a gateway to the C4. The filter, distortion, and LFO blocks certainly seem to fit that description. I'm looking forward to the bugs being worked out in the C4 beta run and picking up a Spectrum this fall.

3. Octave down but no octave up? Might have to go for the C4. Looks aren’t everything but I dig the purple of the Spectrum.

thabassmon likes this.
  4. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    I am really happy to hear this. We had some insight recently that tracking can be a subjective personal matter. Rather than find one thing that everyone can live with, we tried to give you the tools to adapt to your playing style more closely. Very happy we went this direction!

Eadger, Fiset, Ba55Man1ac and 2 others like this.
  5. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    There is octave up in the distortion block. Lots of analog octave pedals do octave up that way.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  6. Good to know, thanks!

7. You really want my money, huh? :D

8. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    I am pushing to add octave up

9. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    Just uploaded a tonewheel organ inspired preset (called Organ-ic) to the cloud :hyper:, hope some of y'all check it out! The C4 is so much fun, literally ALL the fun hahaha!

Nunovsky and rsmith601 like this.
  10. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    how is the clean octave up sound? does it have that ringing sound that some have or is it more natural sounding. so far the best sounding pitch shifter ive found is the whammy ricochet, so if anyone of y'all have experience and can pipe up that'd be great!

theunknowndude likes this.
  11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If you are asking how natural and bass guitar like the octave up is... that is a strange question to ask of a ‘pure’ Synthesis device... it is less sing songy than say a Pitchfork or Pog - depending on the rest of your synthesis path. It is still a synth though not an 8 string bass emulator...

Not to pick on the EHX pedals, they are just the ones that I am most familiar with of the current crop. I am still a happy Pitchfork user though the C4 may make it obsolete.

For me the PF Octave up has worked well when blended in below the dry. As the prominent voice it does not stand alone in my setting. Not to say it couldn’t In some other setting though. I prefer the dual mode in my power trio setting and that I can get from the C4 almost automatically.

This week I’m starting in on the interval and mode based harmony stuff as harmonized lines have been a thing in my playing since Herbie’s Headhunters album and Paul Jackson’s take on Watermelon Man...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    MDH bass, Farrin D and rsmith601 like this.
  12. MDH bass

MDH bass

Jul 16, 2018
    sorry to be a bit late w/ the reply, but im not thinking in terms of an 8 string bass/harmonize style of thing. i was more asking about the straight pitch shifting, i may be wrong but doesnt the c4 also do pitch shifting? ive been looking for a midi controllable pitch shifter for a while (didnt get on with the ehx hog or the pitch shifting in the meris enzo (or the enzo as a whole)) so if the c4 can scratch that itch 'or' do a clean synth voice shifted up with good enough tracking that it can be used for soloing and layering then this will be a '2 bird 1 source audio branded stone' type arrangement

13. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Yes, there is both monophonic and polyphonic pitch shifting.

Ba55Man1ac and Nunovsky like this.
  14. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Sell these suckas already!!!!

15. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    GO LIVE DATE is July 16th.

16. skeeler

skeeler I am a stick.

May 30, 2015
    Sweetwater tells me the pedal is not yet in their system. Should they have the info by then?

17. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Yes.

18. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Ok fellow SA Users Not sure what I am doing wrong here but I can not get settings to load into my Aftershock from Neuro app or the desk top app. I get things set up in the app but it will not load them into the pedal. So just need to know where to look for info or any other assistance you can offer And I did a search but got no useful returns

19. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    If you've already tried following the manual's instructions for saving presets, and if you've tried factory resetting your Aftershock, I recommend you contact SA customer service directly.

20. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Thanks that was my next step .