1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    Just posted a square wave sequencer last night that I've been having some fun with.

2. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    This morning it would appear that the Desktop has no connection as the community tab just keeps loading and I can't switch to Library, Factory, or Published.

3. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Fixed. Sorry about that!

Kano2864212 likes this.
  4. Newbilong

Newbilong

Aug 14, 2018
    Waiting and lurking.

I've noticed people starting to unload their synth pedals on Reverb in anticipation that the second-hand market will be flooded when the C4 is released.

5. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Will the C4 and Spectrum essentially be the same pedal?

6. That was the initial plan but now the C4 will be the full blown synth engine with all the options available for $239.00. The Spectrum will be the simpler machine - envelope and octaver for $199.00

7. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    That's good to know thank you. From what I'm hearing I may end up with two C4s anyway...

8. Really? It is a dual engine machine like all the other SA pedals IIRC unless you have two boards. I can see maybe needing a Spectrum and a C4 if you do a lot of sound changes.

9. I am certainly starting to load up the shelves with stuff to sell and need to get busy.

10. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I'll see after I get the first one. Im really curious what eight parallel synth voices can do when I frequency split the input they're getting. The first One will either fuel my curiosity or satisfy me. I think a year, after I've picked up the Neuro Hub and Reflex, will be enough time for me to decide.

11. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    I am a sucka for a wooly saw wave (or waves) into a 4p filter with some resonance and an envelope that doesn’t open all the way. Hope a sample like that hits the cloud or tube soon!

Is there a way to use pitch as a mod source? Like for key tracking or stretch tuning?

12. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    In with unit number 5! Been playing with making some presets so far and it is very fun!!!

Nothing ready to publish yet, just trying to learn the editor / capabilities. This is my first experience with SA pedals, and despite being new to the Neuro editor and there not being a manual for the C4 yet, things have been making sense for the most part.

I am however struggling a bit with calibrating an expression pedal. I have a Dunlop Volume (X). I tried following the instructions in other SA pedal manuals but the Control button doesn't seem to be behaving in the same way as described. So far, the expression pedal is just acting like a switch between max and min settings with it flipping partway through the sweep. Anyon have any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers!

Andrew

rsmith601 likes this.
  13. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    I am not sure that function is in there yet. Will check.

Bassgeer likes this.
  14. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Need more sample!

15. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None

16. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Nice, that was a great little taste!

17. Askia

Askia

Feb 24, 2006
    Dear C4 users!
    It looks like the tracking is very good, but in Nathan's hands every unit's tracking seams flawless... :)
    So how about the tracking of this unit?

18. Eadger

Eadger Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Colorado
    It's been great for me so far. Initially, I was having some problems with hammer-ons not picking up the second note and staying on the initial one, but I changed some settings in the tracking options and haven't been able to get it to mess up since. Been really solid.

I know in the gear page forum, there are some that say they prefer the "faster" tracking mode...but I think the "accuracy" mode works better for me personally.....and is plenty fast enough to catch everything I play.

cosmicevan likes this.
  19. I like the last two selections in the clip, The rest are not for me. If you'll excuse me, I have to beat my head against the wall to eradicate the lingering memory of the damn Meow Mix song which is now stuck on infinite loop. :banghead: