Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Cabs????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philzbass, Jan 25, 2006.

1. I've been looking into buying a new Ashdown ABM500 EVO II and I'm wondering, whats a good cab to run it through?

Right now I have as Ampeg SVT 410HLF but I'm not real crazy about how the ABM500 sounds through it, I tested it at the store and the amp sounded better through a SWR Goliath III 410.

I'd rather stick with just 1 cab @4ohms instead of a huge stack.

I like the look of Ashdown cabs but I haven't played through them (the stores around here don't have any), but if that's the way to go I'll find one somewhere.

How about Eden? I've heard alot of good things about them.

Or are there others out there I should consider with this head??? If I buy it I want to get the most out of it.

HELP!!!

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Ever look into the Genz Benz NEOX 212T? I highly recommend that cab.

3. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006

only 400 bucks or so. and they are AMAZING.

www.avatarspeakers.com

and that genz benz 2 12 is nice as well.

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    get the cab, you won't regret it.

ABM 500 + NV610 = Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

5. Schroeder 410. Best.. cab.. ever.

6. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    i have heard great things about schroeder. is it true that they are louder than amps twice their size?

7. How much would that cab cost?

8. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    The NV610 usually runs around $750 used or I think around $1100 new. But I don't remember exactly off the top of my head. Great cabs...highly regarded here...

I know from personal experience that these cabs are worth the praise.

9. I thought I'd revise this old thread and give an update.

Well, I've looked at all kinds of amps since the last discussion on this thread. I was really, really confused for a little while ( I guess I just didn't know what I wanted). Anyway, after considering just about every amp I could think of I've returned to the Ashdown.

I went back to my local music shop and played around for like 2 or 3 hours. I had originally said I didn't care for the Ashdown through an Ampeg SVT410HLF but after getting some real time in with the amp I found that I COULD get the sound I was looking for. :)

So, I think I'm getting the Ashdown and keeping my SVT410HLF. (For now anyway)

10. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    The Eden 6-10 would also be an excellent choice.