1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector bass ID'ing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blaxquid, Nov 3, 2013.

1. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    I found a Spector bass locally but the owner can not give me any usable info on it apart that it's ''Precision made in Korea''. Trying googling and the Spector web site but can't really find a 100% match. It's 5 strings, solid red, neck-through (or set neck?), dot inlays,emg-hz probably with some type of preamp but no battery slot in the back. Has the Spector logo and ''Spector'' on the truss rod cover.

Owner says it's a legend clasic but i've never seen those with a solid red finish. Looks to be in excellent shape and with the OHSC.

And now... Is that one worth 400$?

2. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hopefully the Spector guys will come in here.. otherwise you can post it in the Spector club. They're the best! :)

3. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    Yea I didn't want to revive a 2 years old thread but if a mod find this worthy of moving, go for it! :D

4. Demo69

Demo69

Apr 18, 2012
    Probably a NS2000/5. I have the same in solid black, IMO well worth $400.

5. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    Thanks for the info, I think you're right, I had ruled it out since I couldn't see the trans red in the seller's pictures. Might have to think about a 35"! How's the string spacing on that one?

6. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    It's either a Legend Custom (Set Neck) or an NS-2000/5 (Neck Thru), definitely not a Legend Classic.

Certainly worth $400 if it doesn't need any major work (i.e. fret crowning/replacement), especially if it comes with a case.