1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Spector Euro pre swap

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by marsquake, Apr 30, 2020.

1. I'm about to replace a Tone Pump (w/trim-pot) in a Euro 4LX with a 9V HAZ. I know I'll have to enlarge the pot holes a bit, but if anyone else has done what I'm about to, how did you remove the tone-pump? It looks like it's glued in. I don't want to destroy it or the bass body by ripping or chiseling it out? Any tricks?

Also, I've been told it's not too bad a job and you can use wire plug(s) instead of soldering the connections....thoughts on that?

Thanks!

2. Wanker_Joe

Wanker_Joe

Sep 26, 2017
    I did similar surgery on my Rebop. I just carefully pried the tone pump out with a screwdriver (it was also stuck in place with a kind of putty or epoxy or something). It didn't cause any damage (actually came off pretty cleanly). In my case my replacement was an EMG BQC preamp. I also had to enlarge my pot holes. It was kind of horrifying lol. I soldered rather than use the wire plugs myself. The job actually wasn't too hard all in all.

marsquake likes this.
  3. It feels like it’s stuck on pretty good, but with a small flat head screwdriver if you slowly pry the Tonepump away from the body it eventually loosens and then is easy to remove.

marsquake and Wanker_Joe like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021