1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPIDERS!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    For the love of... So much for getting to bed early... fml

2. yeah thanks, so much for me going to bed early too!

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Did one run across YOUR Laptop screen while everything was dark?!
    Almost threw my comp across the room.

4. No, but now I'm waiting for one to, or the dreaded "woken up by something crawling across my face..."

Since moving to Texas from California, I've been on high alert. Whole 'nother insect ballgame out here!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    First moths, now this.

6. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    We have cicadas. Consider yourself lucky.

7. Actually my first time in Texas years ago, I was in San Antonio when they were all waking up. Didn't see one the entire time until we were leaving. We stopped at a gas station I got beaned right in the face by one of the little bastards. Once I figured out what happened I put it in a plastic sleeve (it died on impact apparently) and still have its carcass to this day, weird lookin things...

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    We've been having an explosion of baby spiders lately. All the egg pods hatched, and there are literally hundreds of these tiny yellow dots, baby spiders, clustered in bunches along web strands; and if you blow on them, or stomp your foot, they all scatter--and then rejoin.

9. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Try living here :x

10. Yeah, I took a spiderlet outside a little while ago. I miss tarantulas. I have only seen a couple this past year and maybe one the year before. The place I camped through the summer of 2008 was loaded with them.

11. Oh god, theres an Australian in the room!
    Insta-fail for all of us...

12. Believe me, I was pure fail way before this thread. ;)

13. The carrot in your avatar says differently...
    I thought it was a friggin baseball bat at first! :eek:
    Is that what you use to "handle" tarantulas?

14. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    There was a spider in the shower and I freaked out and ran out of the shower with shampoo in my hair to go get my husband to kill it. Needless to say he was quite surprised to see me skid into the kitchen all drippy and soapy!

15. Good thing he didn't have any company!!! lol!

16. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    One night I was listening to music with earphones.I was reading a book and I was outside.

I hear a sound,like something dropped from the ceiling.

A SPIDER DROPPED from the ceiling right next to me and it was big enough to make a noise hearable through headphones playing And Justice For All.:eek:

I would pet a spiter running across my laptop screen!

17. Earlier today while doing some yardwork, I felt something crawling on the back of my neck. Something BIG. Reached back to swat it of and accidentaly almost grabbed it, but I got it. Turned around and looked and there was the most GIANT *** MOTHER****ING MONSTEROUS HORNET I'D EVER SEEN IN MY 23 YEARS OF EXISTENCE!
    After barely stifling a little girl scream I squashed it, and for the rest of the day was constantly feeling itchy crawlies all over.
    E'gads, now I'm not sleeping...

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ok. Post this again, but really slow-motion. Just need to wrap my head around the visual.

19. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Wish it was horror movie sexy but alas it was not . I think my high-pitched wailing ruined it.

20. [​IMG]

There were TWO clusters of these freshly hatched baby spiders outside my door. I am okay with one single fully grown spider, but not okay with clusters of baby spiders.