1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Jaguar vs P or Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebick, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ebick

ebick

Sep 3, 2013
    I'm not real savy on all the gear-head stuff, but this confuses me.....and I know I am talking on the lower end here.

The price point for a new Squier Jazz VM or P bass VM is more than that of a Squier Jaguar VM. It was my understanding that the Jaguar is kind of a combination of the two.....it has the jazz pickup and the P-Bass pickup. That makes this situation seem backwards to me......what am I missing?

2. There are 5 different Squier Jaguar models with 5 different list prices. Some are cheaper then the VM Jazz and Precisions. But just taking a quick look most of the Jazz and Precisions appear to be made from better materials and have much nicer necks/fingerboards. The jazz and precisions also have way better quality pickups in them too. Pretty easy to do a comparison here:
    http://www.squierguitars.com/basses/

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021