1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 75 - What's a stoner/doom?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Bumski munchies. Time to channel the inner Al?

2. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Boom

3. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
  4. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Max, have you and your drummer talked at all about replacing the guitarist if things go south with him?

5. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    Werd to that! Minnesota has the same 9 months of winter 3 months of fishing/construction.

6. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Dude Rev, sorry to hear about that.
    The band before my last was like a revolving door for drummers. It got to be a joke about how much drama was involved in their leaving.
    One got sucked into a relationship via Everquest and moved to Michigan. We had one make arrangements for gigs and promise us it was promoted only to find out both were a lie. The worst was one got deported back to Manilla.

Loosing a guitar is worse but it only kills the music if you let it. Some changes well have to happen but you might even get better.

7. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I keep trying to watch this Gwar cover but it wont play. I guess I'll have to wait until I get back.

8. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Just checked out your tune laz. I had to go to a desktop to play it since it wont play from the phone. I dig the dudes clean vocals and the track is cool. I don't really hear the bass or kick in the track but i just played it thru the computer speakers.

9. I laugh at people with gym memberships around here. They just need to get rid of their snow blowers... :rolleyes:

10. Man MI and MN are flat too right no Mountains to break the wind at all, The Hawk must be biting like a MOFO in those places.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    And in!

Ladders isn't a real bass-heavy track, but it's definitely there :p

12. When I moved back to PA after 4 years in Florida, It was kind of brutal to get back in that swing again. The last year I lived there my little Nissan 200SX got buried over night in snow and and it turned to like icey snow, took my like two hours to dig it out. Got ready to got to leave and the damn snow plow came through our alley and buried me in again. Probably why I only put resumes out in the South, lol, but now I don't know what is worse the humidity in VA(at least there was a seabreeze in Florida) or Northern Winters.

13. I went to GVSU for undergrad. The school is litterally in the middle of a field. Durring winter you could see the snow drifting in like waves.

14. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Løkpølse.

15. Move to MI. We have both... :bawl:

16. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    stoner doom =

ahhh, it's been a while :)

17. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Our weather is boring and mild, nothing to add. Now I'm going to listen to some Cruevo.

18. When I retire I hope it is at least a lower humidity place, cold or hot but at least lower humidity. Google news had the best places in the world to grow old, Northern Europe owned it.

19. That actually sounds like awesome weather, jealous