1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STREAMER LX5 VS CORT ARTISAN A5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xantometapon, May 11, 2011.

1. STREAMER

84.9%
  2. CORT

15.1%
  1. xantometapon

xantometapon

Jan 23, 2011
    Hi there!

I was about to pull the trigger on the Cort when I just received this fantastic offer on the Warwick.

Both the same price and both brand new.
    I can not try them as I am lefty and I will be buying online so I ask for your advice.

Which one would you choose based on quality of construction and materials, playability and sounds?

I have been searching for a 5 string for too long now, so I want to decide before the end of the week...

Thanks

2. syndroam

syndroam

Sep 30, 2009
    Hellas
    You compare a Korean bass to a German made masterpiece.
    Buy the Streamer and you wont regret it.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I've owned 2 corts, and 5 warwicks. There is no question about which one you should buy. So I won't bother to answer it. Everyone else here will. :)

4. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    wick

5. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Cort or Warwick? Both in your price range? I agree.........doesn't really need an answer but I'll justify the post with this >>>>>>>>>>>WARWICK

6. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I'm going to assume the Warwick LX5 is actually a Rockbass Streamer LX, otherwise either the Cort is grossly overpriced or the Warwick (if a real, German-made LX) is seriously cheap! If it's a real Streamer LX5, then absolutely get the Warwick!! If it's a Rockbass, that would make it more difficult for me, but honestly I think I'd choose the Cort based on reviews I've read (though I haven't played one, but I have played the Warwick Rockbasses, and while they are very nice basses, I just don't seem to get on well with them overall)

7. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    I agree with this, if it's a real made in Germany Warwick, jump on it. I bought my first Warwick about a month ago ( a 5-string Streamer $$), and it's absolutely amazing, as is every other Warwick I've played.

8. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    I agree with TechJunky there, if its a rockbass I may take the cort artisan, otherwise I would choose the warwick

9. Colonel129

Colonel129

Feb 23, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Wick

10. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Is there not anyone here looking past the headstock? Even if the warwick is German, those Artisans are made pretty damn well. I think you really need to compare features, etc. Those are two different animals. I once thought I wanted a warwick until i played one. Sounded fantastic, but the neck was terribly uncomfortable to me, and I felt like it was going to give me splinters. I've played several, and drew the same conclusion for all. Determine whats important, and buy the bass that gives you that.

11. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I've owned multiple Warwicks, have more on the way, and have played even more in stores. I absolutely love them. I don't find the necks uncomfortable in the slightest. It's all a matter of personal preference. And as for the neck, it also depends on the year as to what the profile will be. Pre-99 will be thin, 2000-2008 will be thick, and 2009-on are back to thin. The thin necks are truly great, but I also love the thick "baseball bat" necks that everyone tends to associate with Warwicks. In this case, the ideal situation would be for the OP to test the basses, but he said he won't be able to...a situation many people are in. In this case, while I have heard the Cort Artisan's are very well made, sound good, and play well, I don't think it will be of higher quality than a German-made Warwick, not to mention if he could get a true Streamer LX at a Cort price, even if he hated it, he could turn around and sell it, buy an Artisan AND a second bass too.

12. xantometapon

xantometapon

Jan 23, 2011
    Yes, it is a German Streamer and yes, it is seriously cheap.

I have found it in an European shop that sells retail but also has a modest web site.
    The bass is from 2006 so I guess that´s the reason for the incredible price. They have not sold it in 5 years and they want to make room for more stuff...

The only thing that worries me a bit is that I would have to pay via bank transfer. No Ebay, no Paypal.
    The web site looks good and they have always answered my e-mails (not very quickly sometimes).

On the other hand, the Cort is being sold by a Powerseller on Ebay.
    If it was the other way around I would not be asking...
    I also live in Europe so if something bad happened I could always take a low-cost flight to the shop and burn it down, coudn´t I ?

What would you do?

13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I wouldn't buy anything like that unless I had some sort of guarantee. A way of maybe putting a hold on the transfer until you receive the bass? You'd have to be one hell of a gambler to just transfer funds from your account to his.

14. xantometapon

xantometapon

Jan 23, 2011
    They have a Facebook profile, a MySpace and a Youtube channel...would that make them more trust worthy???

15. Although I voted Warwick, I have to agree with the other guys on here if it's a rockbass warwick i would consider the Cort, but check out G&L L2500 tribute, I had one and they are a great bass for the money, this bass should be in the same price range as the other 2.

16. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    I bought my Warwick with a wire transfer... but I was buying from Basscentral in the states, and they have an excellent reputation and great customer service, so I wasn't too concerned. Try to found out what kind of reputation the store has I guess?

17. Had a bunch of basses over the last 15 years, but the Warwick that I got last week (LX6) is probably one of the best I own/ed. Can't tell for the Cort.
    Bought mine via Banktransfer too over a small german shop and there was no problem at all. I think if it is a serious shop with a good reputation, there's no bothering about a banktransfer.

18. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    During a search on the web, I couldn't find much info. about the neck shape on these. Anyone?

After reading some reviews about each, this only confirmed what I was thinking already-Streamer! :)

19. Forgetting one factor...price. For my budget, the Cort Wins it but Streamer still isnt all that awesome...CCOORRTTT

20. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    The Streamer LX is now made in Korea and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are made by Cort for Warwick.

The Streamer LX will have a much better resale value than the Cort. The Cort has some very nice features(neck through/ hipshot hardware/ Bartolini pick ups and preamp) and would very likely be a quality bass for the money.