1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SUNN Sonic II - opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mplsgetscold, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mplsgetscold

mplsgetscold

Jul 9, 2012
    I'm looking at a sunn sonic ii that a friend has for sale.

Opinions?

Its 60w. I can't find much info on it.

2. I should be picking up something similar on Saturday (Sunn Sorado). I've heard great stuff about them.

3. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm pretty sure it was only manufactured as a 1967 model, and that it's pretty much identical to the 200S. Sunn named their amps according to what speaker cab they came with (you couldn't buy just a Sunn amplifier ala carte in that era), and several "different" amps share identical circuits.

I think the Sonic II was an AP (All Purpose) rig that used a pair of JBL D130F's in a ducted port cabinet.

The place to go for Sunn info is The Sunn Discussion Page; tons of Sunn info, and lots of extremely knowledgeable and helpful members.
    Not the fastest moving forum, but you can pretty much eventually find out anything Sunn related that you are interested in finding out.