1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Super 300 Owners Society

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Peaveylover, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Just wanted to start a thread dedicated solely to this amazing new offering on the scene.

I was an early devotee of this pedal, getting one several months ago. It led me to seriously rethink tone. Because it sounded so good I ended up going much cleaner and enjoying the pure deep tone of my new clean"ish" sound.

Yes, the Super 300 can get dirty if you want it, but it always retains that depth, even with the gain maxed.

It also sounds amazing stacked into other pedals. My personal favorite so far is stacking it with my Diabolik. Second fave is stacking into my Blammo Perkolator, although truth be told, the Rusty Box/Perk combo is probably the best cleanish/dirty sound I've ever heard.

Anyhow, just wanted to get this party started. Post your pics, thoughts, settings, sound clips if you care to join in. Here's a pic of my current "pedalboard" with the 300 figured prominently in the middle. DSC06725.JPG

Fuzzbass, jumbo_steelie and kranahan like this.
  2. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses
    Can’t wait! I have one on the way!

3. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I’m in... the Superb 300 is the shizz.

I’ll post a pedal board pic later, but I can tell you the that the Super 300 has been a disruptive force on my tone. Like @Peaveylover this pedal sounds so good, that I too have been completely rethinking my tone.

68E2F715-17DC-4527-8E6B-CFF9E276BD0B.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    I can't help but notice how different our knobs are set up. I tried running it at full gain last night and just left the knob there before I took my pic, but usually my gain knob is at 9 o clock or so. I do love pumping up the mids though. Basically it's impossible to make this pedal sound bad at any setting. I think this pedal is a real gamechanger and one of the most important bass specific pedals ever released.

moon-bass and Matt Dean like this.
  5. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    What amp are you using?

Peaveylover likes this.
  6. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    None, I do home recordings only. So I'm going direct into my MOTU M2. I may be interested in a cab sim pedal, but I'll probably get a cheapo mini one like a mooer or joyo.

Matt Dean likes this.
  7. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I’m running my 300 through a Mesa TT800 and a couple of Subway cabs, which sounds pretty awesome on its own.

FunkHead and Peaveylover like this.
  8. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Is that why your settings on the pedal are tending towards neutral?

9. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    That’s what I think.

10. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i had the V1 version but sold it to buy the smaller V2 version. i love the pedal.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  11. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Between Dean and K we've got some heavyweights putting their names behind this pedal. Anybody on the fence should seriously pony up and join the big boys.

Sensei Tim likes this.
  12. moon-bass

moon-bass Up to the moon and back Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    I cut the highs but set the ultra high switch to "on" and have it set so that the bright switch kicks off this really good dirt. It's sounds insanely good. I've been thru a ton of preamps (rack and pedal) and DIs over the past few years and this one is a keeper!

I run mine thru a Quilter BB800. Great amp, works with Preamps very well!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Fuzzbass, Agosix and Matt Dean like this.
  13. moon-bass

moon-bass Up to the moon and back Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Same here. I was a Fender tone stack devotee most of my life, but this pedal had a lot to do with changing the way I think about my sound. I just sold an Ampeg SVP-PRO, and I wouldn't have sold it if this pedal didn't sound so damn good.

Jim C, Scott Shaw and Matt Dean like this.
  14. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

I’m in the next batch so I’ve got a couple of weeks to wait still. Looking forward to it though.

Fuzzbass, Peaveylover and Matt Dean like this.
  15. I just snagged the last unit of the current build batch. I am rather excited to try it with my Two Notes CAB M+ and DSM OmniCabSim Mini. I also want to see how it well works on guitar that “Stones” vibe.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  16. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    if you're going to do the cab sim.. the dsm mini.. on 810

17. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    I've been wanting an ampeg without the weigh or price.. lol

18. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Remove the 'bright' footswitch and make it a mini toggle, put it in an enclosure half the size with top jacks, and I'll order one right now and have a Super300/SV-PRE/Fliptop/Slampegg knockdown dragout of 'Ampeg in a box' pedals!

letsgethandsome and Lammchop93 like this.
  19. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Installed as requested by default.

20. Kendescending

Kendescending Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Milwaukee
    So you DID get the last one from that batch, which means mine will be shipping in late March. :(

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021