1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 4 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassgrackle, Feb 24, 2018.

1. bassgrackle

bassgrackle Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I have had my 4Pro for almost 10 years, but I am getting tired of caring around an almost 80lbs rack mount case when my two Fearless Cabs weight less combined.

How are you guys transporting your SVT4Pros?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If it were me, I'd use the lightest rack I could possibly find. I don't know what rack that would be, but in all likelihood it would be something like an SKB...made of hard plastic. And I would do my best not to have any other stuff in the rack.

3. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    ?
    How much does the rack mount case weigh? the svt weighs around 40 lbs, an skb 6u weighs about 15 lbs

4. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    I have a 6U hard plastic case that weights in around 30lbs plus a power conditioner and newly removed BBE sonic maxamizer. Ideally is there a rack bag that could handle the weight and heat of the SVT4Pro.

mobdirt likes this.
  5. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    Ya removing the power conditioner should not be an option, you think the svt 4 and the power conditioner would fit in a 4U rack? this would do it, weighs 12 lbs
    Gator Cases G-PRO-4U-19 4U Molded Audio Rack
    i dont think the weight and heat output from the amp should be a problem, these open up at both ends and if really needed you could drill some vents..

6. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    I can remember is the SVT4Pro was 3U or 4U. But I seem to think it’s 3 which will then fit. And that’s a good price for the case. Most I have see were $300 plus.

mobdirt likes this.
  7. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    There's these trolly type rack cases but they're heavier and more expensive
    SKB Roto Rolling Rack - 6 Rack Spaces w/Wheels

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You really don't need a power "conditioner". They're all just glorified power strips until you get into the serious $1000+ category. That said, I used to have one on mine when I used a rack because of the convenience factor. But it's not necessary.

9. the_home

the_home Gold Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Just last weekend pulled my Mesa Bass 400 out of its permanent home, which was a Mesa road ready shock case. Immediately reduced the 75 lbs. weight almost by half. Now the head travels naked, and I carry a very light 2 space rack holding a power conditioner and and Alembix F-1X for back up. And everything rolls in and out on a light weight but fairly heavy duty cart.

10. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    Not a bad option. Not like mines in mint condition to begin with and without the case the profile would be way smaller and sit on top of my Fearless cabs nicer. I also toyed with selling it for a Mesa Prodigy. But I’m afraid I won’t be making enough power for Fearless cabs at 8ohms.