1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Spellbinder™ Blue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MichiBass, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I know SWR has fallen out of favor here, but I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on this.

Mike

2. I love SWR's looks & the sound some pros get from it but I could never make it(Bass 350, 750 & Gol. Sr.)sound good(or loud enough). If I thought this could beat up on or even compete w/a Hartke Kickback 12 I'd be keen to check one out. They still intrigue me, at least aesthetically; if I saw one of these at a store I'd want to check it out.

3. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Finally, an attempt at lightweight stuff.

4. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    Interesting! I'm glad to see SWR coming out with an innovative product. Hopefully there's more in the works from them in the lightweight segment of the market...

5. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Definitely something I want to try out.

6. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    SWRs workingman series had some of the lightest combos around back in the late nineties, when compared to the competitors. But I guess they haven't really done much to jump on the micro rig bandwagon.

7. I've always said I wouldn't replace my Workingman's 10 cube, but this looks very intriguing.

8. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I took a look at the link. There are a handful of appealing features on that head, I really like the phantom power option and on board compressor.

I just might "need" one for studio work.

9. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I like the sweepable bass, mid, treble controls....

10. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Wow, if that isn't targeted at upright bass players / doublers, I don't know what is. Very cool little amp, now if they would follow suit and make a bigger combo, with more wattage & the same features that would rock.

11. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    With who???

12. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Has anyone had a chance to try one of these yet? I'm not even sure if they're shipping.

13. These look interesting.

14. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I think the list is $999.

LeonD

15. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  16. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    There's a sizable group of people on this board who used to use SWR and ditched them around the time they were purchased by Fender. When it comes to tone, weight, power, lack of features, terrible customer support, etc a lot of people have moved on.

(Full disclosure: I'm one of them.)

17. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    $1000!!!!

Too expensive, unless the preamp is out of this world great.

18. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Looks a lot like the Baby Baby Blue.

19. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Very excited about this. Hoping that SWR will drop their take on the whole lightweight amp craze. Throw in a tube (SWR Tube Pre???), make it around 10lbs or so, and I'm in!!!