1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tagima TW-66 Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GeoKinetic, Sep 25, 2017.

1. I've been on the hunt for a 51 style P bass for a while, and recently discovered that this thing exists. I was curious if anyone has any experience with this or similar basses from these guys. My main concern is the quality of the neck and body, I'm probably gonna upgrade the bridge, electronics and tuners if I do get it. Thanks for your help!

(picture for reference)

Tagima-TW-66-P-Bass-8600.jpg

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Search for my "quick and dirty Tagima review". I was mighty impressed by the fit and finish.

3. primussucks9126

primussucks9126 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY

Sounds pretty solid to me.

4. Bro, how's your bass?

I love the looks. Thinking of getting one in the future. I love low value basses that do the job.

5. mikael wilt

mikael wilt Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2015
    If you are looking for a very good value Bass in a 51 configuration, please check out the Harley Benton PB50 Bass. It is a 51 style P-bass that is sold by Thomman in Germany for about $103 plus $33 shipping charges. Also check out that model on U-tube for actual reviews. I have one on backorder for about 5-6 weeks out.

6. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    I've tried a few Tagimas at my local Starving Musician, and I thought they were very well made, although I found them a little on the heavy side. That said, my baseline is a Tobias Growler which is really light.

I don't understand why people immediately assume they need to mod an instrument before they even play it. The bridge and tuners are solid and the electronics sounded good.

If I were in the market for a low cost Fender clone I would definitely have them on my list.

7. This is MY reason for doing a mod.

It's just the looks or sound that I like - no offense to anyone.
    It also doesn't mean that the stock is undesirable (whether I've played it or not). . Like if i want that bass with all black hardware and the bass onhand is my canvass? It would make ME feel good. And it is even is better if I actually like the stock so I can always go back to stock if my mod doesn't turn out well. ps I'm not into heavy mods like routing, reshaping, repainting. just a work with screws and few solders :)

I'm also aware that others may not like it, and that's okay. If i had the money, i'd probably have one custom made for me so i don't need to swap out parts myself. :)

Cheers. God bless.

8. Boondockbassist

Boondockbassist

Apr 1, 2020
    Would you pick this up over say...
    A peavey fury?