Thanks from a New Member

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ProgLuv, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ProgLuv

ProgLuv

Nov 15, 2007
    S.Texas
    I am a guitar player, and have been wanting a 5 string bass. I played a little in college, and recently decided to get a bass for my home studio. After playing an older, beat up MIA Jazz 5 I found on Craigslist, I decided to do some research...and I found this site.

The reviews and depth of info here on TalkBass have been very helpful in my search for a bass/gear. So thanks to all!

Earlier this month, I bought a Cort Elrick 5 string that was on closeout and well priced. The bass, nice gigbag, and shipping were $525. I almost bought a Skyline 55-01, but the Cort was a good deal for a new bass. The Cort Elrick sounds great unpluged, but it requires a good setup. The thin neck scares me. I am still searching for the right preamp, as I will mainly go direct. I still have my eye on a fretless 55-01, but have to pace my GAS.

Thanks again to all,
    ProgLuv

2. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Welcome to TB! Glad you found a bass you like. Enjoy!

3. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    +1

4. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Enjoy your bass. :bassist:

5. Glad TB could help. The depth of knowledge and experience here cannot be underestimated.

Regards

Matthew

P.s welcome to TB

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    The Cort Elrick and Curbow basses are both nice instruments at a great price. You could do a lot worse than one of them. I've gone in another direction when it comes to basses, but would have no hesitation in suggesting either one to anyone who's doing some serious looking.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021