Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That's it. I'm sick of waiting.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Oct 26, 2004.

1. This is the "Hurry up and show is pictures of your new bass Jean Baudin" thread.

Anyone else feeling the same way over the new to arrive Hideous Claw?

2. that and his website..... great guy though!

3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    but i too linger for the eyeing of one of those beautiful monsters. :)

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    All three of Jean's basses (Conklin 9 & 11 and The Hideous Claw) are still being built. I'm sure there'll be lots of pics once they're closer to completion.

5. Well, I want all three completed, so I can see pics.

6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I WANT ALL 3 (?) COMPLETED TOO!

sorry no update on hideous claw. I haven't seen it since it became "whole". I guarantee when it's done it people will totally be split on it - either love it or hate it.

hint: there is more than 3. :ninja:

7. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    HOLY CRAP JEAN! YOU'RE THE KING OF ALL COSMOS?

Katamari Damacy is the greatest thing EVER!

How goes the website and the video stuff?

-Stevie G.

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Oops... Sorry...

There were only three that I was aware of.. Dimmit Jean, what else do you have in the works??
    :eek:

9. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    My guess would be a Browne Fretless 9. did I won? ;)

10. You and JT having a competition?

Edit: Going w/ my JT vs you competition for most custom basses theory...you going for a double neck 9 string? :D

11. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I don't think JT's in the running.... It's been a while I believe since he got something new...

12. But I think he is still ahead...and who knows, if Jean passes him we might see a new 7 or 8...:ninja:

13. Screw that. Double neck 11.

14. Heh

15. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    hahaha... no double necks right now. Funny, I have talked to a builder about a Double-11. :meh: Just not pratical (but potentially a lot of fun).

As for the Browne, that one is on hold (I didn't count it). Mike isn't really building at the moment (doesn't have a shop near him) so maybe that one will come together in late 2005/2006.

Competing with JT? - no way! I'm just making up for lost time (I haven't had a new custom in 4 years) - I'm sure there's probably a lot of guys on TB with more customs.... come to think of it, by the time I'm through with these I'll probably be close to JT on # of strings, just fewer basses. :D

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm sitting here wondering what the hideous claw is....I wonder if I can get some kind of a pic? :)

17. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Oooops... missed this post! Hey Stevie G.

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Katamari Rules.

have made some progress on the website... no update on the video.

18. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    there's a pic in the fanned fret thread, the headstock thread and maybe one in stew's 10-string thread. I'm too lazy to find the links now. :meh:

19. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
  20. hey jean, hows the site coming? after that 2-hand-bach video and the ERB clip with the airplane landing you posted id love to see what else youi have in store for us. could we be so privelidged so see more pics of the hideous claw?