1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Fridge

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mantis Tobaggan, Feb 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    image. Ampeg describes the 810e as the cabinet your band needs. Since getting one, i feel like my whole band sounds much better. The presence and punch of the bass is so much better than before when i had a 15 and two 10s. Anyone else here a 810 fan? I will haul it on and off stage all day so long as it is on stage for the gig. I think an 810 takes one's band to the next level. Anyone agree? Disagree?

2. Looks great , sounds great and drummers and guitar stack owners fear us. What's not to like?:thumbsup:

3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    I used to run an 810, and have used more than a few. Turns out I could get more sound out of a lighter cabinet, so I sold the 810 and moved on. Not sad to see it go.

Snowglo, hintz and CosmicRay like this.
  4. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Cool Stage

5. By the way , I have two of them. (Three actually but that's another story.) No band has ever let me take them both on stage but I did hook them both up in my basement a few years ago. I'm pretty sure that is what caused the East Coast earthquake.;)

6. tobias3469

tobias3469 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2013
    West Los Angeles
    Ampeg 810 is hard to beat. They make great big noises all day long and never break a sweat!

Mantis Tobaggan likes this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Love em, got two.

8. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Don't have one now, but I love them!

Mantis Tobaggan likes this.
  9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    No horn. Sealed cab=low bass response that isn't my favorite.
    So: I'll pass.
    To each his own though.

gorneyg, dfoehr, hintz and 4 others like this.
  10. Bassique

Bassique

Feb 25, 2015
    I never found the need for more than a good 4x10. Only time I would consider 8x10 is if I really needed that extra volume/pressure and had 2 guys carry it for me, anywhere I go.

11. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Hoisting it on stage is usually a two man effort but that is what bandmates are for right? Its the fridge.

12. Bassique

Bassique

Feb 25, 2015
    Yea thats right, I just never liked lifting lots of heavy stuff before a concert, since it could affect my playing later. So I generally try to go for light gear. But I'm glad that setup works for you :)

13. Never had a 810 but did have 2x412 stacked with tube head of course - pant flapping goodness!

If it wasn't so damned big and heavy (and I wasn't getting old) I would still probably be using it.

Sartori and Mantis Tobaggan like this.
  14. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    Love my 810 but I've been turned on toward 12s recently. Next cab I grab will be a second 212av to complete my V4B stack.

High Camp likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    That's my exact rig and it is pure heaven. Very close to the fridge IME.

I for one don't find the fridge bad to move at all. Easy to roll around and do the tilt/lift thing to load it up. Unless there are stairs of course, but that's what they make drummers for...

rodl2005, Mantis Tobaggan and JLY like this.
  16. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Yes, they have a great classic look and sound. But we have so many more options now, my days of lugging around huge heavy cabinets and heads are over:)

17. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I have two.

2ih1nwl.

18. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Dude drool

mapleglo likes this.
  19. Mantis Tobaggan

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    image.

20. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    That looks sweet, dude. I've never done the 8x10" thing, but I'm always keeping an eye out to try an SWR 6x10".

DevinWard369 and Mantis Tobaggan like this.