The Grabber is back! : Gibson Grabber II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elplatanazo87, Feb 18, 2009.

1. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    There's a guy making repro bridge covers which fit pretty well. I picked one up for mine because I kept hitting my hand on those screws and lost the bidding war on a few originals :spit:.

2. how is that thing 3000 bucks,a squier j has more features

3. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Maybe I found a steal today, stopped in to GC they had one marked for $999.00. I asked if they would take the 15% off for the holiday and they did, came w case and COA, box ect. So OTD for $900.00 I played it for a hr or so and loved the sound! I rocked!

And their site still shows $1900.00 for one

4. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    The one I played sounded pretty good. Its finish seemed like the fender HW1 type finish, and they neck finish was like really rough. It was weird like sand papery. Im sure you could fix that, but I know for that price and the neck finish like that, I'm not gettin one.

5. why would anyone pay 3k for one

1k or less maby but not 3

6. clevernw

clevernw

Feb 19, 2010
    If anyone is interested, I am selling mine.... Will consider reasonable offers.

7. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Everyone is flipping over here.

No one sells these things for 3 grand, if anyone has noticed...lol.

8. Noone wants these things!!! i've got one I'm trying to sell and I can't even get 700 for it on Ebay....

9. My first bass back in the early 80s was a Grabber. Didn't care for it, sold it for a Ric.

10. mr_goodbomb

mr_goodbomb

Oct 10, 2009
    I want them. Lots of them. Not the reissues, though, they sort of defeat the purpose.

11. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    I think 3k is the MSRP, Street is $1900.00. I have 30 days to see if it works in the new bands sound if not RETURN.

12. Ah, what's in a name?

13. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Sharp but too costly.

14. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok so after playing a few hrs comparing to my other basses I have come to the conclusion this bass is to dark, snarly nasty to play The sound is horrid....... Im bummed because I really WANTED to like this bass. Even at the 900.00 I got it for it isent worth that..... Its a shame..... Going back to GC tomorrow!

15. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Do yourselves a favor and watch this demo clip the whole way through. Pretty much covers all aspects of the bass pretty well and his conclusion at the end is painfully honest. Looks like Gibson really fell short of the mark on this one :D:scowl:

16. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes that sums it up............

17. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    This is Gibson's subtle way of letting us know they don't really want to be making basses. ;)

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021