The New Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zoidberg523, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Zoidberg523

Zoidberg523 Guest

May 26, 2008
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Attached Files:

2. For_Ironys_Sake

For_Ironys_Sake Guest

Jul 7, 2008
    market price is $999

dont know what the sale price is...

...but i want one!

3. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    it's pretty.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    So for people who prefer 5-string's they have to go 'pro' to get one.

Thanks gibson.

5. Swerve

Swerve

Nov 22, 2002
    Portland, OR
    That is the first T-bird other than the fenderbird's that I've actually liked the look of.

If the four string versions are already neck heavy I can't imagine how much dive a 5er will have.

6. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    yeah but a quick move of the strap button fixes most of the neck dive.

7. Swerve

Swerve

Nov 22, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Don't fool me with your sleight of hand tricks. :p

8. Zoidberg523

Zoidberg523 Guest

May 26, 2008
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Lol. Indeed these are beautiful. Cant wait to see one in the local shop. I've got the itch! Next thing you know, it'll be full blown GAS!
    :bawl:

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    The 4-string version in trans black doesn't look too bad either.

[​IMG]

10. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    ^^ yea, I like that one.

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a bunch of birds, one being an EPI....ALL I can say is yes, new woods, yes active now, but the most important thing IMO is ----

It's about TIME they threw that 3 point bridge in the trash, and came out with a "normal" flat mount one on the things!!

12. Wait till you T-bird guys and gals see what Mike Lull has to show off at NAMM this year!

13. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    yep. very cool new versions coming on the horizon. ( I already have enough NON EPI/GIBSON Tbirds though to keep me happy for a few more years )....:D

14. Zoidberg523

Zoidberg523 Guest

May 26, 2008
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I couldn't agree more. I love my Epi T-Bird Goth, but I know full well that that bridge is robbing my baby of her true sustaining power. As soon as I have the cash (though admittedly I've been saying this for two and a half years now; never can seem to upgrade a bass, because I always trap myself in buying one new one after the other), that thing's going in the trash, in place of something with a solid contact to my bass.

15. dannoman

dannoman

Feb 3, 2004
    Im in for one of each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I like.

I might buy one of those, price pending. Is that neck neck-thru or set? I didn't read the page, internet is too slow

17. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    for those who are pissed because Gibson's website server is on perpetual overload today:

Building along the long-term success of the Thunderbird Bass, Epiphone introduces the new professional series Thunderbird PROs, available in both 4 and 5 string versions. The original rock and roll bass with the distinctive shape combines traditional design elements with new technology - all for a price any bassist can afford. The Epiphone Thunderbird PRO features a seven-piece (Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut) neck with through-body construction for amazing sustain and tone. It also features Epiphone's new T-Pro™ bass humbucking pickups with custom active electronics and EQ.

18. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i want the 4 string version

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

19. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris Supporting Member

I am with you on that! I used to have an Epi T-bird. The design screams rock'n'roll but the pick-ups were weak. Very dull sounding bass that I could not justify spending $ on modifying.

But neck-through and active electronics......I'm in! :hyper:

20. zagnut

zagnut Guest

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    I've been wanting to get a 5 string for a while now and a t-bird. Couldn't justify buying 2 new basses, so it looks like I have found what I've been wanting all rolled into one! And it's active? And it's neck thru? Am I dreaming? :hyper::hyper: