The Official 2012 NHL Stanely Cup Finals Thread: Part II

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Just one game into the Semis and the last thread hit 1000 posts.

Trash talk included.

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Go Kings!

EDIT: Flyers, too.

3. strappa

strappa Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    ++++1

4. strappa

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    what's all this talk about respecting Jersey?

sure at one time they were a very good team
    but Marty is old man now

They are going down in 5

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...and more balanced, secure, solid, poised, stable, reliable, sound, etc. than Bryz.

Unfortunately for our side.

6. strappa

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Marty gave up 4 goals, Bryz gave up 3

I don't get why Philly fans are down on Bryz
    He keeps us in games and makes big saves when we need him to

Marty will look like a Christmas tree when this series is over

7. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    We are down on him because he is better than this. And hes alot of money. He is not playing 51 mill type of hockey, he can, but hes not. U want the march bryz in the playoffs not the december bryz.

8. mkandolf

mkandolf

Nov 21, 2007
    Saint Clair, MI
    No respect for New Jersey and the aged and slow Martin Brodeur.

New Jersey no longer has the defense in front of Brodeur that once made Brodeur so formidable.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Bryz made some solid stops when the Flyers were weathering the storm yesterday afternoon. The one that got by him in the 1st I have a hard time faulting him on. It was Read's rookie mistake and Parise and Zajac made him pay.

That said I do think Bryz is capable of playing at a higher level than he is currently playing. I will eat my words if he can consistently keep 8 pucks from getting by him a night (I'd prefer it to be more like 1 or 2 a night,...I'd love to see some shutouts). I don't expect Broduer to give up that many goals per game.

I have the utmost respect for the Devils as an organization (definitely more respect than I have for the Penguins). I was saying at the end of the QFs that the Flyers can't take any teams they should face for granted.

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    As the Canucks can attest. ;)

11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Detroit exposed him in the playoffs last year. He gets rattled. And when he does he makes mental errors and lets in softies. His level of play decreases in the playoffs despite the spectacular highlight stuff. In fact I'll go as far as to say that the Flyers are the best team left, with the worst goalie. And I suspect they will regret spending 51m on him. I suspect I said something like this on the reg season thread when the Phily fan boys were bragging about the signing.

But then again with only the Rangers left as an elite regular season team in the whole sha-bang, a team with an inferior goalie could easily win. OTOH, the problem with goalies is most of them don't string 5,6,7, seasons of great regular season and playoff play anymore, and with the cap you just can't blow a big salary on them.

12. strappa

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    i agree we over paid for Bryz

but he is a good goalie and that's all we need him to be

13. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I would argue that he is as good as what we already had. We bought him to finally get rid of our goalie worries. He has not delivered getting rid of those. I know he can but i just wonder if his heart is in it. We need him to be alot better if we don't want to just have another year going deap in the playoffs with nothing to show for it.

14. strappa

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    i think the big contract and the big market was a distraction for Bryz

I think his heart is in it
    and i think he has settled down and is playing more consistently

15. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm not sold yet. March showed me he can do it, but even sundays game he was slow getting into position and let in two weak goals. The five hole one should have been his all day. He's Dr. jeckle and Mr. Hyde. Every game I am waiting to see which Bryz will show up. I really hope he gets it together, right now I would love to see him get a shut out or one goal against. Getting Mezaros back will help.

16. strappa

Jun 9, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    yeah getting Meszaros back would be huge

Bryz seems to play better when the D plays better

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Crazy cool.....

I was out and about New Hampshire and Maine today and missed all the hockey. The first couple hours at work tomorrow will be catching up. :)

-Mike

18. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Inactive

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Kings look good, especially Richards............Anyone else think Shattenkirk should change his first name to William?

19. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    well- that's 4-0 at the end of the first. Hockey folks have been saying it all year- "If the kings figure out how to score, watch out!"

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Is anyone else better scoring off the faceoff than Ovechkin? Yowsah!

-Mike

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021