1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I love it!

2. MIMJAZZ

MIMJAZZ

Dec 13, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Im in love with that bass. I love Paisley.

3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Not the best pictures in the world, because the lighting in my house is awful, but I realised I haven't uploaded a new picture of my 玉子 (Tamako), since I finally got around to replacing her pickguard with a black pearl unit, which I have been saying I wanted to do for about 10 years. The lighting doesn't do justice to her bright yellow "Transparent Gold with matching headstock" finish.

File Jan 10, 18 30 03. File Jan 10, 18 30 21.

I also got her a little Kimmidoll "Tamako" kokeshi keychain charm, because when I saw they had a "Tamako", i couldn't pass it up. Too kawaii!

Kimmidoll-Tamako-Exquisite-Maxi-Doll-_1.
    cz-002565-1.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    wow - 5 knobs for one pu… what besides V/T/B goes on?

5. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Piezo

amper likes this.
  6. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Actually 5 pickups, but who's counting? There are four piezo pickups in the bridges, and one magnetic. There are internal trim pots for string-to-string piezo balance, and the knobs on the front are, from top to bottom: volume, pickup blend (magnetic/piezo), treble eq, mid eq, bass eq.

Anytime you see a StingRay with five knobs, it's a 3-band EQ with piezo pickups.

/\/\3phist0 and JIO like this.
  7. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    awesome! :bassist:

amper likes this.
  8. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    Haven't posted a family photo in a while. I think this might be my forever family (of course I may adopt more but I don't think I'll get rid of any of these).

G&L JB: My #1. I play this in my band. Sounds and plays exactly how I want it to. No fussing.
    Stingray HH Slo: The new kid. I find myself picking this one up most of the time when I'm playing at home. Love the variety for just messing around. Just hella fun to play.
    1977 Precision Fretless: The classic. Sounds amazing and fun to play. Wish I had more chances to play it in a band setting (acoustic or mellow). Irreplaceable.
    MIM Jazz Fretless (1996?): So I really don't "need" this but I just like it and it's not worth selling for what I can get for it. Fastest neck and plays and sounds great.

[​IMG]

dekideki, Paul LF, ICM and 2 others like this.
  9. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    the '77 P is killer :thumbsup:

strost likes this.
  10. JBOWLES

JBOWLES Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys have much nicer stuff than I, but I make it work as best I can. From L to R on the bottom pic is a Highway 1 Jazz (supposedly the last Hwy 1 ever sold, as per Corner Music in Nashville), Schecter Model T, ESP Vin 4, MiM Jazz, Vin 4 again, Model T again, and a Vin 4 once again. Strings are Dunlop Super Bright nickel on the Jazz basses, Slinky 50s on the Schecters just because I had a couple of sets laying around, Black Beauties on on of the burst Vin 4s and Super Brights on the other. The red ESP has Chromes on it. Two of the ESPs and both Schecters were tour basses that came from Cory Elder of Memphis May Fire. Hopefully, one day soon I can get a few nicer pieces like y'all, but I'm fairly happy with what I'm getting right now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Paul LF, Crusher47, zbigniew and 2 others like this.
  11. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    IMG_2941.JPG IMG_2942.JPG

12. iamprowla

iamprowla

Nov 28, 2016
    UK
    A brace of Statii:

Headless.
    [​IMG]

And headed.
    [​IMG]

Paul LF likes this.
  13. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Updated version of mine. SX Fretless Jazz Old Headstock from 2005 or so...and 1970's Fender Clone Lawsuit MIJ P-Bass. Both set up with Flats. IMG_7546_resize. IMG_7551_resize.JPG IMG_7546_resize. IMG_7551_resize.JPG IMG_7552_resize.JPG IMG_7554_resize.JPG

JTSmitty, dekideki, ICM and 1 other person like this.
  14. DUB1976

DUB1976

Nov 13, 2015
    NY/NJ
    IMG_8011.JPG Here's my new favorite tool

Yetti Bass and Paul LF like this.
  15. grayn

grayn

Mar 6, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Sandberg 30th Anniversary California II VM4

Dejavu_Jones, drittal, amper and 11 others like this.
  16. iamprowla

iamprowla

Nov 28, 2016
    UK
    Phew - I thought it had 40 frets!

Max Blasto and BassmanM like this.
  17. Andersson

Andersson

Jan 11, 2017
    Norway
    Warwick Streamer I (German)

[​IMG]

18. joinercape

joinercape Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Cape Cod, MA
    IMG_0974.JPG IMG_1050.JPG
    My homemade fretless, solid mahogany body, maple neck with ebony board, Fralin jazz pickups (passive). The pickguard is 1/8" black plexiglass, as is the back cavity cover. I intended to add a Sadowsky preamp, maybe I still will someday. But it sounds wonderful to me as is. I built the neck chunky as I am happiest playing the upright.
    Plus a built from parts (Fender Mexico 50's body and neck, Fender USA Original pickup) P bass. The aged pearl pickguard is off a Custom Shop Fender P I had years ago. I made a new one for it as at that time I didn't want the extra holes for the tug bar and pickup cover. It has the aluminum ground plate underneath, but I skipped the ground plate under the pickup and shielded the cavities with copper. I am amazed at how good this bass sounds and feels!
    The classical guitar in the back I also built, over twenty years ago.
    The brown cable was custom made by my good friend and fellow longtime TB'er Exaltbass (Dave Lowe). I also got the 50's P bass body from him, Dave is a real class act!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  19. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

petrus61, Tooned, Max Blasto and 5 others like this.
  20. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Mesa Engineering! Warwick-G&L-Source Audio Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    NoCal
    20170106_113449. 20170106_113522.

Attached Files: